chapter 14

Chapter Text

Jaebum didn't even reach the room and he could already smell Yugyeom all the way to the stairs. To give himself a bit of boost, he took a deep breath which was a mistake as the smell of after-rain completely took away the strength in his legs, remaining effects of the pill vanishing. He somehow managed to walk despite weakened knees, inhumane growls coiled a type of heat in him that shouldn't have been possible. His omega suddenly became restless, having never felt such pure pheromones of an alpha, his body shivering and started burning as he stumbled inside and collapsed on the floor.

His consciousness was slipping away, black consuming his vision and for a while there was no sound, almost letting him drift to the dark land. But then another growl jerked him awake, eyes blinking in confusion, having forgotten the reason for his arrival. And, at that moment Jaebum saw a huge black wolf in front of him, looking down on him, blood-red eyes gazing calculatingly. The omega froze, not being able to process the scene in front of him, wondering in silent panic where his alpha went.

The wolf took another step, clearly sniffing him, analyzing him and the way wild pheromones circled around Jaebum, probably thinking whether it should kill him or let him live. But the scent this wolf was emitting was unmistakable of Yugyeom, he could never forget the smell of wilderness and rain, pure nature and comfort, safe-

"Y-Yugyeom?" Jaebum shuttered, still unsure, barely able to collect the energy to speak. The powerful scent of the wolf was too much for him to bear. The wolf blinked, his canines visible because of bared teeth and lips curled, displaying dominance, they were sharp enough to cut without even a force. Then the wolf backed away completely, slinking to the center of the room, it looked back, to see if Jaebum was following the suit. The omega hurriedly got on his feet, albeit clumsily and falling almost immediately, forgetting that his legs were still not functioning. He yelped at the pain, drawing the wolf's attention who seemed like it would walk towards him if Jaebum didn't make a move soon. As he limped to the beast waiting, did Jaebum realize how magnificently gigantic it was, whole stature sizing up to Jaebum's height, the fur of darkest black and claws sharper than knife. It was truly majestic.

Jaebum didn't know if he should stand there in awe or fear.

The wolf laid on the ground, circled around the omega as if asking him to lay with it. Jaebum took a hesitant step, gauging its reaction but the wolf remained unbothered. With fake encouragement, he finally sat down, leaning on the wolf, and heard it howl in a low tone, obviously happy. This was really Yugyeom? Jaebum found it hard to believe. It was very rare for werewolves to transform into their original ancestor, especially since the animal side is much stronger in the transformation and could lose any shred of humanity they might have. Turning into a wolf and converting back to human, both of the methods took an immeasurable amount of power and will, and that was no easy feat for anyone, even for the originals.

His Yugyeommie has always been unique, Jaebum smiled fondly.

Yugyeom wrapped himself around Jaebum, trying to blanket the omega with his much larger body, just like how he usually did in their room, and chirped, a happy noise that surprised the omega. He has only read in the books but never thought he would be able to witness a wolf chirping- Chirping! Yeah, this was definitely Yugyeom. Jaebum thought he would have to let the alpha do something severe to calm him down but the wolf seemed to have calmed down with just his presence. Pleasantly surprised, Jaebum relaxed, the scent of his alpha in its purest form making him feel heady and he curled into the black fur which was so impossibly soft, letting himself fall asleep as the intoxicating feeling became too much. It was uncomfortable, his member perking up in attention and heat pooling in his stomach in obvious arousal but the low guttural sounds Yugyeom kept making lulled him into unconscious sleep.