chapter11

Are you dating him?” Bambam blurted out. Jaebum froze in his stance, still in Yugyeom’s lap. He slid out awkwardly, sitting beside the alpha, having no idea what to reply to the beta.

“Umm, I- I- He still hasn’t asked me out yet… so-”

“Will you go out with him, if he did?” He interrupted, Yugyeom turned his puppy eyes to him, eager for an answer, not at all seeing how big of a problem this answer will cause. He sighed.

“…Uh, I donno, maybe? When he asks, we will see then”

“That seems like a maybe,” Jinyoung observed, stating hotly. He and Jinyoung had feelings for each other, during the JJ Project. But the timing was awful, they had no time to discuss their feelings, let alone act on any of them. Then they choose members for GOT7 and they carried on without doing anything about it. After Jinyoung presented (the time the group started fooling around with each other), they did it but they thought the other was over their feelings. Which was not true but who talks about feelings anymore, right? It’s overrated anyway.

Jaebum can only wonder how bad it will get when the bomb drops.

“I wouldn’t be opposed to it, no”

“So if anyone of us… asks…”

“Maybe” He was panicking right now, it wasn’t evident because he collected his leader face back but he was. It was bad enough Yugyeom acting like an idiot, he does have special feelings for the maknae but he has that for all of them. Each of the members holds his heart, differently, each of them special to him, he just cannot choose or anything. He was getting ahead of himself as if they’d want him. They were being hypothetical, that was for sure. Curious. Since he hasn’t really shown interest after the time he presented as an omega.

And even if they were slightly? Once the omega thing comes out, he is not sure those feelings will stay. Oh god, his fall out with Jinyoung might be worse. Or with Mark, the older man trusted him wholly. Bambam would be livid. Youngjae… he won’t say anything. His silence would be a punishment enough. Jackson, that alpha would probably forgive him first, the kindest heart on the team. But how will he- shit-

Yugyeom’s hand, still behind his back, soothed him gently taking him back to reality.

“See, I- you all are infinitely important to me, about that have no doubt. Yes, my actions might have said the opposite but I will try harder from now on. If there is anything I can do for you, no matter what, I will. And I would like doing it.” If it was his old self, he would not have said that. But after being with Yugyeom, knowing a fraction of what a pack could truly be for him, as selfish he might be, he wanted it. He wanted it so bad. “So yes, maybe.” He gives them another shaky smile before getting up from the couch. He wasn’t lying about the reports.

“I call dibs though!” Yugyeom suddenly yells. Jaebum rolls his eyes as the tension breaks- somewhat- but breaks.

“Shut up, you puppy”

“Your puppy” Yugyeom grins proudly. The omega shakes his head fondly, his idiot.

“I will see you guys in the evening, please decide the dinner or order takeout before it gets too late, alright?” The pack mumbles in affirmation and Jaebum leaves, feeling kind of satisfies with himself. And that, my friend, is a rare occurrence.

~*~

Jaebum asked Yugyeom later that night about the dating questions but he wasn’t that interested to know, really, seriously. The alpha just winked at him and dragged him to bed, grinning like he knew something Jaebum didn’t. He huffed but didn’t pry because he wasn’t interested, okay?

Huh, who was he kidding?

The next day, Jaebum headed out to submit the monthly report to the agency. After collecting his incomplete work from the studio to work on it at home, he thought to take a detour to his Doc. The people were looking at him differently in the building, even Arthur commented that something seemed out of ordinary than before.

“But you’re looking happy, kid”

Jaebum smiled to himself, he was.

In course of two weeks, his whole world turned upside down, and more upside-downs were gonna come soon. His omega was responding surprisingly well with the change but he still wanted to ensure something wasn’t cooking inside his body and burst out at the wrong time. He has been laid back the past few days but he was a careful person, his pills were already giving up on him, anything can happen anytime at this point. Plus he was interacting with an original, that can’t be so easy to deal with. Oh, but it was, so beautifully easy. And easy is never a good sign.

Even the doctor was amazed, she was well aware of how conflicting the case of omega who isn’t used to alpha intimately can be. But his body was nothing but natural. She wrote him some meds just for assurance and told him to be careful. Any tics can be a sign for something. Doctor Song was so happy at the revelation that at least one member in the group knew and he was considering telling them the truth soon. She was gushing at him, how proud she was, how strong he was, and etc etc. He was blushing and embarrassed by the end and he abruptly stopped her before she got to the ‘how beautiful he was’.

Jaebum bid her goodbye, another checkup scheduled two weeks later. He sighed, thankful for such people in his life. He stopped by a café to pick up junk food and sweets for the guys, things have been a little tense, no thanks to him of course, a small token of thanks is always appreciated. He drove around the neighborhood for a while, observing people, nature, anything for inspiration and peace. An hour or more must have passed when he realized he was lost in thoughts, ignoring the time. He was on his way home when his cell rang.

“Hey, Doc? Missed me already?” He joked, unsure of why she would call and a little worried because Doc was never the one to call without a reason.

“It’s- It’s Yugyeom” Normally, he wouldn’t panic. But her calm voice was shaking with fear.

“What!? What happened?” What the heck? Yugyeom was practicing in the studio, he went every day, preferred the agency’s room rather than the home’s one. He seemed okay when Jaebum was leaving for the Doc’s clinic.

“He is relapsing”

Fuck. I am on my way.”