32. The past ...

Sorry for the late update. 🥺 Got stuck with something yesterday. Enjoy !😍

Khusi's eyes fluttered open as the regular banter between the father daughter duo echoed in the whole bunglow.

"Yuti! For God's sake, put the whisk away, sit down on the table and eat. You are already late!" Khusi's lip tipped up at the OC's words. He had been so busy for the last couple of weeks, that he had completely forgotten that it was Sunday.

"But papa, it's ... "

Before Yuti could finish her words, loud clattering reverberated in the whole kitchen making Khusi sit up and slap her forehead. Those two were always at each other's throats.

"Excellent! Fantastic! Now you will be late for your class! And why the hell is your miss still sleeping? Go and call her! It's already 7:30!"

"But papa ...

Khusi quickly finished her morning routine and strode out of the room, stretching her limbs. Khusi's footsteps halted behind the door and she peeked inside. Abhay was serving Yuti an omelet, a Hello Kitty apron wrapped around his frontal zone, above his uniform, a juxtaposition of cuteness on the surface with the hardness beneath it.

Abhay's phone rang and he received it, putting a saucepan over the oven, pouring milk into it.

"Yes Bhuvan? No, I won't be able to go today. Tell Soniya to handle it on her own. Asshole! I am stuck here."

Abhay was speaking to Bhuvan, and Khusi was silently noticing his every movement. 3 weeks back, when he had saved her life on that unfortunate day, a lot had changed.

After the stalking, it didn't take much to figure out who had planned it. Nitin Joshi had tried to corner her after she had rebuffed his advances. Abhay insisted her to stay at his home, which Khusi accepted this time.

Khusi hadn't wasted a single second that day, before calling Abhay, who had come to their rescue along with a few more officers. Mina had stayed with them for 2 days, and when the goons, sent by Nitin realised that, they backed away.

Abhay had insisted on dropping and picking up both Khusi and Yuti for their safety. Nitin Joshi was unpredictable and neither Abhay nor Khusi was ready to take the risk.

"Yes, Yuti and her ... Aah!" Abhay screamed out, pulling away his hands from the burning surface of the saucepan. He was so distracted, talking to his subordinate that he didn't notice when the saucepan heated up.

"Careful," Khusi hissed, sprinting towards Abhay and grabbing his hand to put it under cold running water. Yuti, who was almost about to get down from her chair to aid her father's burnt finger, retreated, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

"Why are you so cavalier?" Khusi objected, shaking her head, holding Abhay's arm. Abhay, whose pain had vanished the second it came, was gazing at Khusi, adoration shining in them.

"You make me lose my senses. What should I do?" Abhay asked dreamily, staring at Khusi, whose face snapped up at his remark.

Their faces were inches away from each other. Hot breath mingled as they basked in one another's presence, but then Khusi quickly realized what was going on and she retreated.

"Ahem, let me get the burnol. Where is it?" Khusi asked, licking her lips, avoiding any eye contact with Abhay, embarrassed at her moment of weakness.

Abhay didn't mind at all though. His heart bloomed slightly when Khusi had gazed at him with the same zeal which he carried in his heart for her.