Chapter 12

Butterfly mansion

3rd pov
"My children, I think Tanjiro will be resting at the butterfly mansion for a week or so before starting mission again. And since Tanjiro as an amazing potential, he will do the pillar training with you all once at the time. Dismissed." Said the master to his demon slayers.

Shinobu was approaching Tanjiro, when she was at in front of him she proposed to untie him, but before she could finish her sentence she was cut by Tanjiro holding the rope in his hand in front of his face. Kocho was quite surprised that he was able to untie the rope by himself when his hands were behind his back. She smiled and told him to follow her, soon enough they arrived, they entered by the backyard and soon enough Tanjiro knew why it was called by the Butterfly mansion, they is so many butterflies everywhere even some he had never seen for the short time he was outside the infinity fortress. It was truly magnificent, the only thing that ruined the picture was a human, according to his memories the human was the only girl that was at final selection. He hated her because the few times they met, she obeyed everyone without questions, Tanjiro thought she was really selfish. Why selfish is she does everything you ask of her? You may ask, selfish because from his point of view she only want to be liked by everyone around her. He truly despised humans with their greed and selfishness. Which was pretty ironic coming from a human child.

"Tanjiro could you come with me? I would like to examine your body, make sure there is no injuries from yesterday."

"Sure, right behind you."

Tanjiro then followed Shinobu to a room with doctor tools (or something like that), she then checked his hole body to see if he was injured in the least. And of course he wasn't injured, not even a scratch anywhere on his body. Shinobu even asked a few questions to Tanjiro about what happened on the mountain.

"Well long story short, there was many human puppets controlled by one of the demons that was on the mountain, I killed the demon but just before that she told me that there was a one of the twelve Kizuki (moons) on the mountain. I kept that information in mind while walking and I saw one demon boy bully? another demon and when he was done he ordered her to kill more humans while he was walking around I jumped in and killed him without too much trouble. The other demon ran away but before I could chase her a black haired man came to me, I think his name was Giyuu Tomioka. And I was forced to come here. Voila."

Technically, what he said was true, but he skipped the hugging part of course. Shinobu was terribly suspicious of how a mere Mizunoto (go check the ranks) could defeat a Kizuki so easily.

"My! You are so strong! Say, how old are you? And how old is your sister?"Asked Shinobu to Tanjiro with a smile on her face.

"Thank you. I turned 10 not too long ago, the 14th of July ma'am. And Nezuko is 13 years old, her birthday is on December 28." Said Tanjiro telling the truth for once.

"Is that so? Good! How many breaths can you use?"

With that question Tanjiro flinched, knowing one of his secrets had been discovered.

"Two ma'am, I've mastered 2 breaths. Water and the sun. I thought I had kept the other well hidden, how did you know?" Tanjiro asked Shinobu with a confused look on his face. Basically writing is his 'real' thoughts on his face.

She giggled a bit before saying "Oh that's easy to know, you see, there is a reason why our Nichiri blades are also called 'colour changing sword', it's because the colour of the blade depends on the body of its owner or put is simply the best breath fitted for the owner. For example mine is Lavender-blue and my breath is the Insect, Sound is Amber, Water Blue, etc.