The fireworks.

I look down only to see that it's a bear trap. My foot looks horrible.
I scream and yell in terror because of how bad it hurts and how the damage looks.
Regan immediately runs towards me and covers my mouth with her hand. I'm still screaming. I'm screaming and crying actually.
She's begging me to calm down. I can't. I can't it hurts too bad. She eventually picks me up and carries me on her back. But just  as we were about to go we see fireworks in the sky.
Regan immediately picks me up and starts running as fast as she can back to the farm.
There are still fireworks going off in the air.
I can feel that Regan is getting tired.

"I can walk. Don't worry I can" I sign voluntarily

"No. No you can't walk. Don't worry I'll carry you." She signs back. I know she can't carry me. But she does anyways
She's running as fast as she can now.
It was going smoothly until she trips over a rock.
I trip right on top of her onto her leg. I hear a crack. She tells me to get back into her back but I refuse seeing that she can barely walk herself. I look at her leg. I think I might've just popped it. The bone isn't sticking out so I think she's okay. Regan eventually convinced me to get back on and so I do.
When we get back to the farm she sets me onto the ground in the cornfield.

"I'm going to get the bear trap out." She tells me.
I grab her hand for support.
She slowly takes the bear trap out of my skin. Which makes me wince in pain. When she finally gets the trap out she takes off her jacket and bandages the wound.

"Stay here." She signs

"No. I want to come." I sign angrily

"Well then I'd have to carry you again"

"No I'm fine I can walk."

"No you can't."

"Yes I can."

She bursts into my arms and we lay their for a little bit until she finally lets go.

"You can't come."

"I want to."

She sighs and plops me onto her back. Shes runs into the cornfield and puts me into a little hole. I look behind her only to see a creature. I try to get her attention but she isn't looking.
The creature is approaching closer and closer.