one | STARGAZING

DUSK.
act one, chapter one | stargazing
SUMMARY; haven, scott, and stiles go stargazing

"that's the big dipper... not a fucking spoon."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

MAMA MCCALL RELEASED A TIRED SIGH AS SHE STEPPED INSIDE HER HOME. It was half past midnight and her long day at work exhausted her to the brim. She had gone back to work just last week after having time off to aide her daughter once she was discharged from the hospital. It took a lot of convincing, from Haven, who claimed she would be fine under the care of Scott and Derek. Physically she knew her daughter was okay. Mentally? That was a different situation. It was to be expected though as the poor girl had been through way too much.

When Melissa made her way to Haven's room to check on her, she froze at the sight but her face twisted into a grin. Haven slept peacefully with Lydia beside her and Jackson with his head on the foot of the bed. Scott and Stiles occupied the floor with many blankets to make it comfortable for them. Seeing Scott's blanket on the floor beside him, she bent down and covered him with it. She stared at him for a few seconds, guilt filling her as she studied his peaceful face.

She had been avoiding him since learning her son, whom she raised for sixteen years, wasn't no longer a human but a werewolf. It still frightened her and his wolf face continued to linger in her mind every time she saw him. Right now, she was looking at the sweet boy she always knew. And he still was the sweet boy she raised. He was just given something he viewed as a curse and was beginning to accept it as a gift. Still it would take time for her to adjust to knowing her son was indeed supernatural.

She stood up after placing a kiss on his forehead. She moved over to where Haven was, studying her carefully to see her chest rise and fall steadily. Every night had she been coming to check on her and to make sure she was still breathing. An underlying fear of hers was Haven would die in her sleep if her body suddenly gave up. She had been close to giving up in surgery and Melissa had been terrified it was too much on her body. But three weeks post op, her daughter regained strength and was able to do normal things with certain limits. That is if Derek allowed her.

She left a kiss on Haven's forehead before walking out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her. She still couldn't believe she was able to handle everything thrown at her suddenly. In a way, she felt guilty for everything that happened to Haven. She took her in and gave her a home, wanting to give her a sense of security and protection. Only for her to be thrown into the supernatural and get shot. She felt as if she failed Haven, and even Scott as well. But that was far from the truth. Haven always made sure to remind Melissa how thankful she was for her and couldn't imagine having another mom figure in her life.

That night Melissa went to sleep, hoping and praying her kids would stop suffering with the aftermath of the traumatic events.

Mid afternoon the next day, Haven and Lydia were having a girls day while the boys did whatever they normally do. Sit at home and play video games. While the girls left them at the McCall's home, Haven and Lydia spent the day in town going to various of stores. Lydia insisted on some retail therapy for the two of them after Haven had been cooped up on bed rest for the last few weeks. This was the first time Haven left the house for something other than the doctors. It felt nice.