two | FLASHBACKS

DUSK.
act one, chapter two | flashbacks
SUMMARY; take a look at everyone adjusting to haven being home and how derek is dealing with it

"i'm just not ready to share you yet."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

WITH EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS MOVEMENTS, HAVEN CLIMBED INTO HER BACK WITH THE HELP OF DEREK. She was finally discharged from the hospital in the late evening. The moment she stepped foot into her home, she was glad at the comfort that immediately swarmed over her. She spent way too long stuck in the dreary hospital room that was much too small for accompany everyone who came to visit. Now that she was back home, she could finally relax and have time to herself when needed. Hopefully Derek would let her out of his sight for more than five minutes. She knew that was far out the window.

Derek propped her up the right way, fixing her pillows so she was most comfortable and pulled her comforters up to her middld stomach. He did everything for her without saying anything. He kept quiet as he tidied up her room by putting away any thing out of place. Folding some of her laundry she got too lazy to do. He put her phone and computer on their chargers. And he organized anything that needed organization. At first, Haven thought he was doing it so she didn't have to. Until the silence got to be too much for her when she realized he was holding his feelings in.

"Derek," She called to him, making him turn to face her when he went to exit her bedroom. "It's okay... I'm okay." She reached out to him, needing to feel his touch. She grew upset when he said nothing, only looking at her hand reaching for him before exiting her room.

She sighed, dropping her head back as tears filled her eyes. The first two days of her being awake were spent with them talking through everything. Finally releasing everything the two kept buried for a while. Now he was barely speaking to her. He could barely even look at her. He had his guard built right back up. Hell he was more guarded than ever and it bothered her to see him like this. She could tell he didn't want to get too close to her because he was afraid she would be gone within a blink of an eye. But that was never going to happen. She was well and alive now.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" Scott asked gently as he entered her room. A frown quickly pulled onto his features when he saw the tears brimming her honey brown eyes. "What's wrong? Are you in pain? I can get your medicine." He told her only for her to shake her head.

"I'm not in any pain. Well, physical pain." She mumbled, angrily wiping away her tears as she looked at her brother.

"Then why are you crying?" He asked her, taking a careful seat at the side of her bed.

"Derek is barely speaking to me. He can barely even look at me and I don't know what to do." She said in a broken whispered, sniffling as she turned to look down at her blankets. "I just don't understand why he's like giving me the cold shoulder. We were fine the first two days after I woke up."