ten | EMOTIONAL STEPS

DUSK.
act one, chapter ten | emotional steps
SUMMARY; haven experiences strong anxiety when derek goes with peter on a run

"i–i don't know what happened, i guess i just couldn't handle him being away from me."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

HAVEN'S EYES SLOWLY FLUTTERED OPEN. She blinked a few times to adapt to the bright light beaming down on her. It took her a moment to realize where she was until she heard Deaton's voice along with Peter's from another room. She remembers her and Derek going to the clinic so Deaton could aid them both for Derek to see visions of their son. She prayed he was able to see him and what he was like. She hoped it worked, so they could fully get more closure from the situation.

"Hey sweetheart." Derek's voice sounded extra soothing to her, sending waves of warmth through her. She was still laying back against his chest, and she craned her neck to look up at him but he prevented her from moving too much. "Take it easy. You'll feel queasy for a little while." He gently demanded.

She frowned, suddenly realizing the dull ache in the back of her neck that was bandaged. "Did it work? Were you able to see him?"

"I saw him," The corners of Derek's lips curled into a small smile as he remembered the vision clearly. "He's perfect. And you were right, he's a mini version of me." He chuckled.

"Sometimes I think it's my fault. Maybe if I stayed back instead of being at the station that night, I wouldn't have been shot and we wouldn't have lost him." She explained to him as she reached down and grasped his hand in hers.

Derek frowned deeply at her words. "Don't blame yourself because it's not your fault. None of this is your fault."

"If it's not my fault then why does it feel like it is?" She whispered, closing her eyes the second tears began to form.

"Because you're angry and want someone to blame so you think blaming yourself is the easiest way to pin the blame." He caressed her arm with the hand that wasn't in her hold and felt her muscles relax under his soothing ministrations.

She knew he was right but it still hurt. And all she wanted was for the pain to stop. "I just want the pain to go away. I want it all to end so I could be happy again."

"I know baby, I know. It's still going to take some time." He reassured her. "And I'm going to help you through everything. We're going to be okay now."

She sighed and attempted to move further into him for security. He slowly and carefully sat the both of them up. His wolf jumped in alert when she felt back into him, sensing the uneasiness from her. He brought his hand up to move her hair behind her shoulders before moving his face into her neck.