nine | INSIDE HER MIND

DUSK.
act one, chapter nine | inside her mind
SUMMARY; despite derek's concern, he decides to go through with deaton's suggestions

"if it's the only way then there's really no other choice."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

HAVEN AND DEREK WERE BOTH CUDDLED UP ON THE SOFA IN THE LIVING ROOM AT THE MCCALL HOUSE. It was time Haven started going back home and spending time here, much to Derek's protests. But he understood she needed to spend time in her own bed and with Melissa who was ever so kind to allow Haven to spend as much time as she did at the loft. That didn't mean he was gonna waste time away from her. If he had to be here instead of the loft to be with her then so be it.

Halfway during the movie that was playing on the tv, Melissa ended up joining the two lovebirds. The three shared a few laughs and talks here and there until Derek ended up falling asleep. Melissa couldn't help but glance at the two in awe a few times, taking note in how Derek held Haven close to him protectively. Even asleep he still had the strong protective instinct that she knew Haven often got annoyed with and one she loved. It was completely evident to her Derek would never let anything happen to her.

"I'm glad you found Derek." Melissa broke the silence, drawing Haven's attention from the tv. "Would I have wished to known about him before and met him in better circumstances? Yes. It amazes me the way he loves you."

Haven bit down on her bottom lip, hiding the huge smile wanting to fall onto her face. "I don't know what I would do without him." She spoke quietly as she looked up to see Derek fast asleep.

"Finding ones who are as protective as him, who make you first priority and put you first, are hard to find. I know your insane brothers gave him a bad reputation at first but he's a great guy." Melissa told her, giving her a warm yet approving smile as she glanced at Derek.

A small grin took over Haven's face as she looked back at Derek in his peaceful state. "He's better than great." She whispered. "He's everything I've been looking for. Everything I need."

Melissa looked at the pair in awe, not missing the beaming looking in her daughter's face as she stared at Derek. "It's getting late and I have the morning shift tomorrow. Goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight."

Now Haven had the tricky task of waking up Derek so they could go upstairs to her room instead of sleeping the night on the couch. If she had to she would definitely leave him on the couch while she slept in her comfortable bed. Except she knew Derek would act like a child if she didn't wake him up and left him downstairs. But the calm and peaceful expression on his resting face made it hard for her to want to wake him up.