eight | DEATON'S KNOWLEDGE

DUSK.
act one, chapter eight | deaton's knowledge
SUMMARY; haven seeks advice from deaton

"...is there something that can be done for Derek to see our son the way I did?"

is there something that can be done for Derek to see our son the way I did?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

THE NEXT MORNING DEREK HAD WOKEN UP BEFORE HAVEN. Glancing at the time he saw it was five in the morning, meaning he woke up earlier than he desired. Especially since he was dreading today. He knew Haven started her job at the animal clinic with Deaton which meant less time he'd get to spend with her. He had become to accustomed to having her around him nearly everyday and for hours on end. Now that she was staring her job and getting ready to begin the new school year, he was gonna be left on his own for majority of the days.

The only thing he could really do was spend his time searching for Boyd and Erica and any traces of them. It was another hopeless case as he could already tell every time he'll search, he won't find anything. There hasn't been any traces or any sign of the two teens for that matter. And it continued to make Derek feel guilty.

Deep down he knew for himself he wasn't cut out to be an Alpha. He couldn't help the anger and disappointment he had for himself. He wasn't fully grounded and didn't a steady mindset like Scott. He hated to admit he often felt jealous of Scott which he masked with annoyance every time Scott had the rational plan with saving Jackson. Sometimes it often reminded him of his mom. How she always has the rational solutions instead of jumping into plans blind.

It also didn't help he was completely clouded with keeping Haven safe. Yeah, he knew she was fully capable of taking care of herself. It just made him and his wolf calm and grounded every time he took care of her. Just like he had always been meant to. She was always his main priority and that'll never change.

Now he didn't care about being an Alpha anymore. He didn't care about the power it held for him. All he cares about is making sure sure she's safe and okay. His focus was forever going to be put on her. There's no way he's gonna make any of the same mistakes again.

He looked down at Haven who unconsciously whimpered in her sleep, instinctively moving over to where he was. She buried herself into his chest, her scrunched face then morphing into a calm and relaxed expression. He couldn't help the small chuckle rumble from his chest. He kissed her forehead and reached down to pull the covers further over them for warmth as it was getting colder in the loft at nighttime.

This girl laying in his arms was the miracle he had been waiting for. There were no words to describe the love he felt for her. He loves her with entire being, and would continue to love her for the rest of life. She was meant for him. And he couldn't be more thankful for the miracle given to him. Even pushing through the roughest patch in their relationship, it was now time to continue strengthening their bond. It was time they both let go and allow the healing process to run its course.