[20]

It was blazing hot in the afternoon, you wiped the sweat that was rolling on the side of your face. You grab on tightly on the ladder you were stepping on and continued to clean one of the bookshelf in this huge library, you were thankful that you weren't alone to clean this spacious room. There were fellow maids who was also assigned here to clean, deciding this part of the shelf was almost done and just needs double checking, you slowly climb down the stairs, making sure you won't fall and injured yourself.

As you were climbing down you heard somebody called your name and you swiftly turned your head to face them, once you saw them your brows quickly furrowed. How come she's always doing the same chores as you, seriously you feel sticky from your sweat and that was already bugging you so you don't have enough energy to face Reigna.

"Well, well, well. What a coincidence were in the same place doing the chores once again, seriously I am getting sick of seeing your face every time. For all the maids I could group up with cleaning, I have to be stuck with you." She said arms across in front of her, a look of disgust and irritation was on her face. You rolled your eyes, who was she kidding you feel the same as well.

"Don't worry the feeling is quite mutual, but did I ever whine about it out loud?" You said, stopping midway of the ladder to stare at Reigna with unamused look. This time it was her turn to roll her eyes, a slight smirk making to her lips and tilted her head to the side and put on a face to mock you. "Of course you don't because you only whine when the princes are in sight, to make you look like the good person and I am the bad."

You raised your brow, anger seeping into you. Though as the mature adult you were, you kept your anger in and decided to let it out later when you are all alone in your room and beat your poor pillow again and again, scream on it until you were finished. You were going to calmly tell her to fuck off but you notice she quickly fixed herself and pretend to clean a bookshelf near her. Did she just read your mind or something to fuck off?

"[Y/n]." You swiftly turned around and looked slightly down to see Satan, who was looking up at you with a smile. "Satan, do you need something?" Reigna's ears perk up and watch the two of you converse on the sidelines, she notice that you don't use any honorifics anymore when talking to the 4th prince of Sebun.

"She got him too?" She whispered to himself, envy creeping up to her very core. Out of all the princes she particularly like Prince Satan the moment she landed his eyes on the young prince, she believed it was love at first sight. Despite working here quite long enough she's never been acknowledge by the blonde prince. She was very aware of her status and knew she couldn't be with the prince no matter what, there's too much of a gap between them but she likes to fantasize about them being together that status can't hold her back. So seeing you rather close with Prince Satan even though you've only worked just a month or so and also that time where she heard a maid gossiping about you and Satan where together in her room just made her heart break, made her jealous and most of all made her angry that led to ruining your room in the maid head quarters.

"I was planning to read a book that I'd wanted to read for a long time and it happens to be in this section." Satan said, you then nodded and replied,. "Oh okay, enjoy reading then." You then continued to do your work to clean up this damned shelf so you can move on the other ones.

"Umm, [Y/n]?" You slightly look down once more only to see Satan still standing there, dumbfounded you tilted your head in confusion. Satan getting the clue you don't get it he let out a chuckle of amusement. "Your kind of in the way at the moment." You then quickly apologize to him not realizing the shelf he was going to get the book was the shelf you're currently cleaning.

"I am so sorry, I am so stupid I'll just get out of you way-" Your foot slipped as you wear climbing down in a slight panic state, which makes you even stupid. Who would climb down a ladder in a panic state and a jumbled mind at the moment. You felt this happening a lot more often, of you slipping and wait for your demise and someone will catch you, it's like it became an everyday occurrence now. You swear your guardian angel is taking good care of you, never slacking at all.