t h r e e

Gabe laid in her bed under her covers. She had spent all night crying. The though that's Rory might be dead keeping her from slumber.

"Gabe get up. We're gonna be late for school." Benny says knocking on her door.

"I'm not going." She yells.

"You're going. Grandma would kill me if I let you skip so come on and get dressed." He yells back.

Gabe sighs as she gets out of bed and goes to her closet to get dressed, heading downstairs once she finishes. She sees Benny in the kitchen looking at his phone. She goes and gets a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Gabe?"

"Yes Benny?" she says, her tone sounding annoyed.

"I know you're mad at me for dragging you away from Rory. I'm sorry. Not for dragging you away but for not saving Rory. I wasn't about to leave you with a bunch of vampires that could've killed you. You can stay mad at me as long as you want. I'm sorry I was just protecting you." Benny tells his sister.

"Why do I always need protecting from you? Please explain to me why I'm not able to protect myself. I sure don't need protection from you! I can take care of myself. So thanks for the concern but stay out of my life for a little." She yells at him.

"Let's just get to school okay." is all he says before grabbing his bag and walking out the door.

* ⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

The trio was walking out of school. It had been really awkward since Benny and Gabe were fighting. Well it was more of Benny still trying to talk to his sister but she kept ignoring him. Ethan hated when they fought. He always seemed to get stuck in the middle some how.

"Guys! Wazzzuuuup?" They hear a familiar voice say. Gabe looks up to see Rory making his way towards them. Her face lights up and she smiles.

"Rory, we thought you were dead." Ethan says.

"All I know is, I woke up the morning after the party feeling awesome. No asthma, I don't need my glasses, and I barely have to sleep anymore. The only problem is the sun. Kind of annoying." He tells them.

Gabe runs to him and hugs him as hard as she could. "I thought you died! Don't scare me like that again!" She says as she hit his chest with her fists. "I'm glad your okay though." she lets go of him and goes back to where she was originally standing.

"You're a fledgling too?" Benny asked.

"Heck no! I'm rocking the full on vampire action, dude. The big V! Can I get a what what?" he says holding his hand up for a high-five.

"What? You drank human blood?" Ethan asks in disbelief.

"They said if I didn't I'd die. All the other kids were doing it!"

"Do you have any idea what you've just done to yourself?" Benny says.

"I'm immortal and all-powerful, dude. Kachow!" Rory looks back as he sees the drama kids looking at him. "Sorry, I gotta go to church."

"Church? Vampires don't do church." Gabe says confused.

"Jesse says we have to. He's so bossy. He's all, blah-blah, the prophecy, and blah-blah, you must find the cuban animals-"