e l e v e n

"Strike out?" Gabe asks as Ethan comes up to her and Benny with a look of disappointment on his face. He was gonna ask Sarah out.

"Chickened out."

"That was my second guess." Gabe says, giving him a small smile.

"Don't worry. DJ Benny B's spinning mad spells
all night long." Benny tells them.

"What are you talking about?" Gabe asks confused.

"A simple concoction of your dad's cologne,
some of our pheromones and the pee of a couple of ticked-off slugs, voilà. Love Potion Number Ben." Benny explains

"You can't always resort to... Wait. How did you get my pheromones?"

"A love potion B? Haven't you read how dangerous those things are!" Gabe scolds him.

"Shh. Targets acquired. Babes are in range. Hey, ladies. What do you say'?" He says as Sarah and Erica walk past.

"Drop dead, geek?" Erica smirks.

"Easy, babe, easy."

"Hey, nothing personal. I just don't hang out with dorks." Her and Sarah keep walking.

"I just wanted to see if you wanna sample this new Dusk Perfume." Benny says making Erica stop in her tracks. "It's supposed to make even undead people smell like flowers and other girly stuff. Wanna try it?"

"Yes." Erica says with an enthusiastic look on her face.

"No, thanks. Ugh." Sarah says pulling her away.

"Yeah I don't think you'd want to." Gabe adds.

"Oh, please. Just one little spritz." Erica begs.

"Okay." Sarah sighs.

Erica sprays the perfume and her and Sarah sniff the air before looking over to the two geeky boys that stand next to them. They move closer to them.

"Hey, there, handsome." Erica smirks at Benny.

"You're talking to me. In school." Benny says confused.

"Mm. There's other things I'd like to do in school." Erica flirts.

"And that is my cue to leave." Gabe says. "Have fun with the aftermath of this." She says walking away.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"Hey Rory!" Gabe says to the smiling blonde.

"Hey Gabe the Babe."

"Wanna hang out today?"

"Sure." The boy smiles. "Do you know why girls have been all over Ethan and Benny today?"

"Oh yeah, Benny made some stupid love potion and now all the girls are all over him and Ethan."

"Why aren't you all over them then?"

"One, Bennys my brother that would be disgusting and two, love potions don't work on if someone's truly in love with someone else."

"Who are you in love with?" Rory asks.

"Umm, no one." Gabe says.

"Yeah, okay. Well I'll come by later and we can hang out okay?"

"Okay! See you later roar." Gabe smiles as the boy walks away. She lets out of breath. Gabe starts thinking to herself. She couldn't be in love with Rory could she. I mean the potion hadn't worked on her. So she had to be in love with someone. She did really enjoy being around Rory. She thought he was funny, sweet, and cute. She felt butterflies every time he came around. OMG. Gabe was in love with Rory. And this was the moment she realized it.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"Hey, Gabe's  grandma?" Rory says to his phone, as him and Gabe walk down the hall together, getting ready to go hang out and play video games. "This is the twin's friend Rory."

"Hi, Rory. How's it hanging, bro?" Ms. Evelyn says through the phone.

"Good. It's hanging good." Rory says confused at grandmas use of slang. "I was wondering, do you have any more of that magic potion left?"

"Magic? What magic potion, dear?"

"The one you gave the guys to make all the girls at school fall in love with them."

"I didn't give them any. Sorry Rory."

"That's okay. Thank you." He hangs up the phone.

"Why do you want a potion?" Gabe asks.

"Think of all the babes I could get with that potion."

"Trust me Rory that potion does more harm than good."
⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"That was the best day ever. We're like movie stars." Benny says as he and Ethan sit down at the kitchen table.

"No, more like rack stars." Ethan says.

"Hello, boys." Bennys grandma says coming in the room with Gabe.

"Grandma." Benny says in a high pitched voice. "Sweets for the sweetest grandma ever? Take two."

"Drop it, Drake. Tweedle-dumbest told me what you did."

"I made a love potion and dropped it. Now all the girls in school love us." Benny confesses.

"Love potion? The one on page 72'?"

"You know it'?" Benny asks. "Grandma racked the potion too. Is that haw you bagged Grandpa?"

"Here's the thing, bays. Nature is all about balance. Brainiac here upset the balance.You swung the pendulum all the way to goo-goo eyes and giggles"

"So far, so sweet." Benny smiles.

"But when the pendulum swings back..." She hits Benny in the face with her pendulum.

"0w!"

"That's what I'm talking about. The more those girls loved you, the more they're gonna hate you."

"Now, how strung was the potion?" Gabe asks.

"Well, Sarah bought us matching cardigans." Ethan says.

"Yup, you're toast. I'm off to hang with Rory."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"So the potion makes the girls hate? I thought it was a love potion." Rory asks as the two sit together watching a movie.

"Love potions are complicated Rory. Just know that they don't work and only cause problems."

"Gabe?"

"Yeah roar?"

"Earlier you said you weren't in love with anyone?"

"Yeah so?"

"I know that isn't true. Is it your ex?"

"Cassie? No way."

"Then who is it?"

"It's no one roar."

He looks at her with desperate eyes. "Can you describe them?"

"He's smart, sweet, cute, and funny. He's always there for me and can always make me feel better. There's something special about him and whenever he comes around I feel these butterflies creating a storm in my stomach. I've known him forever but he doesn't feel the same."

"He sounds perfect. Omg. You like Ethan!"

"Ew that's disgusting Roar! E is like a brother to me."

"Then who is it."

Gabe looks at Rory, he looks back at her. Their eyes lock as their heads move closer and closer. She goes to his ear and whispers, "No one."