Episode One: Books

Mary was in a sheath dress, the world was black and white. She happily waited in the living room for her adoring husband to walk down the stairs.

"Good morning Mrs Parker." Peter said walking down the stairs giving her a simple kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning Mr Parker." Mj smiled and happily accepting the kiss. "Are you ready to go to work?"

*awws could be heard coming from an unknown place*

"Of course I am. You look quite lovely today." Peter said wearing a button up. She grabbed hold of his warm hand and walked out the door. "Oh wait!" Peter walked back into the house.

Mj stood at the door with her hands on her hips.

"Nearly forgot the keys." Peter said with an innocent smile.

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

Mj rolled her eyes and stuck her hand out for him to grab. He smiled cheekily and kissed her one more time before they were out the door.

The scene changes.

The sign PERFECTLY MARVELOUS BOOKS hangs on the outside of a little book store.

Inside the store Mj is behind the counter and Peter is sitting on said counter. Both reading separate books. Simultaneously flipping their pages at the same time.

Civil rights propaganda and book posters littered the wall. Lots of Peace and Love signs spread all around, though the hippie movement was still brand new. Anti-Vietnam was posters around. Several full ceiling to floor shelves. Books of all kind filling them.

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

"Oh damnit." Peter said under his breath. "No no no." He continued. Mj lifted her head from her book and gave him a look, raising her eyebrows

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

"Something wrong there bucko?" Mj said setting down her book.

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

"Yes a big dilemma." Peter said putting down the book and taking off his glasses. He frowned. "My favorite character just died." Peter made a big frowny face

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

"Awww Peter come here." Mj said pretending to sympathetic. Sitting on the counter now while he stood up. Giving Peter a few kisses to make him feel better.

However from the angle to shop door sees it looks a little inappropriate. Woman's legs and arms dangling around a man.

An older woman comes through the shop door. She sees the awkward angle and gasps.

"Oh my!" She shrieks.

"I thought this place was a book store not a whore house!" A man said behind the woman.

Peter and Mj turned around with embarrassed looks.

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

"Oh Miss Mindy!" Mj said hopping off the counter.

A man following the woman give Peter a skeptical look. Peters face was very embarrassed.

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

"Mr Mindy!" Mj said walking up to them giving them a quick hug. "What brings you to our store? Need a book recommendation?" Mj said really fast in hopes to change the subject.