Chapter 4|New Friend

I started running around the park. After that problem I had last night, everyone watched me like a hawk. But I'm lucky that they fell asleep.
I don't know why I have the need to just... let go? It's like keeping my secret is killing me.
I ran past a fountain and had a great idea. I look to see more. I began to run again. Ever fountain I passed by I froze the water. I looked up at the blue sky as I ran.
Suddenly, I hit something or someone. I stopped causing the water to unfreeze and continue doing what it does. I look down and saw a girl.
" Sorry." I saw as I helped her up. She had beautiful hair. A beautiful purple color. I noticed a tattoo on her right arm. I couldn't see the details because it was hidden with her sweater sleeve.
" It's no problem. I wasn't looking." She said.
" I wasn't looking either... I like your hair." I said.
" Oh, thanks. " She said.
" Were you born with purple hair?" I asked, smiling.
" I actually dyed my hair yesterday." She said after a little giggle.
" Cool. I'm Christina." I said.
" I'm Abby. Nice to meet you, Christina." She said.
.
Abby and I bonded and quickly became friends.
" Hey, I need to get something from my house. Wanna come?" She asked.
" Sure." I said. My phone started to ring. I read the name- Connor Franta. I picked up.
" Hey, Connor." I said, speaking to the phone.
" Hey! I have been thinking about moving back to Cali. I really miss all of you." He said. I can tell he was smiling widely.
" That's great! When will I see you?" I asked, doing a little jump from excitement.
" Maybe next week. I'm still packing." He said.
" I'll be waiting." I said.
" Oh, before I forget... Where were you last month and the month before and the one before- Point is... Where were you?" He asked.
" I'll explain later. I have to go. Bye." I said.
" It's more like see you later. Anyways... Bye." He said. I hung up and looked at Abby.
" Who was that?" She asked.
" My friend, Connor Franta." I said.
" Who?" She asked, confused.
" He is my friend. You'll see him later. He is moving here." I said.
" Cool." She said. She started walking towards her car. I joined her and she drove to her house.
" So, you have a boyfriend?" She asked. I knew Abby had a thing for knowing everything... especially if you're her friend.
" Actually, no. I had a boyfriend. Thought he was perfect... turns out he wasn't." I said.
" Same, " She said, " 20 years old and single... what a life." I laughed. She turned on the radio and my song came on. It was the one I sang with Mahogany. I turned off the radio.
" Hey! That is my jam." She said as she turned it back on.
" That was Me & My Girls by Christina Royal featuring Mahogany Lox! Stay tune for more!" The radio guy said as I turned it off again.
" Hey... Your name is Christina. Let me hear you sing." She smiled.
" Nah, I'm fine." I said.
" Please." She begged.
" I'm the one that wrote that song, okay." I said. I didn't feel like singing... not today.
" Okay." She said. She parked at her house. We got out and walked to her porch. Two chairs were placed near the door. It had a blanket and pillow.
" Um, two nights ago, my boyfriend- ex boyfriend and I got in a fight. Made him sleep outside... the next day... he was gone." She said as she opened the door.
" Guess it was a bad fight." I said. She nodded. I started to look around. Everything seemed bright in here.
I opened a door then walked in. There was posters- lots of posters.
" Found my room." She said. There was boy band posters and draws on the wall. Her bed was left messy. Pairs of shoes were scattered by her closet door. She had a mirror with a picture. I looked at the picture.
" Jordan." I mumbled, confused.
" That is my recent ex." She said.
" Me too. Well, kind of." I said.
" What?"
" He told me that he had to move months ago and yesterday... I meant him again." I said as I put the picture down.
" I guess he was using us for his pleasure." She said as she began to rip the picture. I nodded. I felt so disappointed at myself.
" What's this?" I asked as I picked up a book.
" Don't touch that." She said as she grabbed it.
" Why?"
" It's a research book." She said.
" For what?" I asked.
" Okay... I'm trusting you with all my heart. Promise me that you won't tell anyone." She said.
" I promise." I said. She opened the book.
" I believe in a lot of stuff- ghost, unicorns, fairies, wizards, mermaids." She said as she flipped every page.
" Mermaids?" I asked. She nodded. I looked at her draws of all those this.
" You're a good artist." I said.
" Thanks." She said as she turned another page.
" Wait." I said as I looked at the page. I began reading it.
" Mermaids can be the cause of endangering whales?" I questioned.
" Think about it... they live with whales. They gotta eat something." She said.
" No. They don't. They are friends to whales. They eat seaweed and plants. It would be cruel to eat fish and living sea organisms." I said.
" It's good," She said as she wrote it down,"How did you know that?"
" Because I-" My phone started to ring.
" Hey." I said without looking at the caller ID.
" Christina, get home now." I heard Carter said. I heard Nash, Sky, Kylie, Cam, and Hayes in the background. They seem to be arguing.
" Why? I'm busy." I whined.
" Please. Everyone is worried." Carter said.
" Fine," I said as I hung up, "I gotta go home."
" Okay... need a ride?" She asked.
" It's okay, I can walk. " I said as I walked out.
" Bye." I heard her say as I walked out the front door. I sighed as I continued to walk home.
I almost told her. I almost told her my biggest secret.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! Another chapter will be updated because I feel like writing... um... typing... some more.
Maybe because my Birthday is tomorrow!
I wish I could just invite all of you!
Anyways, thanks for reading even though I told you like 167433784 times.