Chapter 12| Coachella

" I ate an apple with my burger?" I questioned. I see Connor laughing. We were doing the YouTuber whisper challenge. He began to mouth the words again.
" Oh! I like to sleep with a teddy bear." I said. Connor began laughing again. I took off the headphones.
" What was it?" I asked.
" I like coffee because it's coffee, duh." He said, laughing.
" What? You're lying!" I said, laughing. I soon ended the video and all that stuff.
" I really need to upload more videos." I said as Connor lay on my bed.
" You only have like five videos." Connor laughed.
" Well, sorry." I said.
" Are you going to Coachella?" He asked as he fixed his hair.
" Um, no. " I said as I grabbed my laptop.
" Today is like the last day. This is a once in a life time chance." He said.
" You're going, aren't you?" I asked, looking at him.
" Yea." He said.
" Coachella sounds fun but... I don't know. I guess I could go." I shrugged. He smiled as he hugged him. I always liked it when Connor is happy. I would feel horrible if I made him sad.
.
I finished doing my hair. I made sure that my necklace was on. Don't want to expose myself.
" Christina!" I heard Sky shout. I sighed and walked to her room.
" What?" I smiled.
" I don't know if we should go." Sky said.
" What? I just paid for it!" I said. Paying to go to Coachella is expensive. Like seriously. I could have bought- I don't know- a passport to Brighton and live there for a week.
" Fine. It's just... " She trailed off.
" I promised Connor that I would go." I said.
" Connor, Connor, Connor." Sky mumbled. I ignored her. I knew she was stressed because she isn't the best when it comes to this. We walk downstairs.
" Okay, it's 7:30 a.m. right now... The festival starts at 9. The drive is only like two hours. So, we should be there by 9:30 or 10, depending on traffic." Connor said to Cam. Cam was dressed in his usual- shorts and a white shirt. Hayes sat in the couch, probably asleep. Nash listened to Connor talking about Coachella. Sky held in to my arm and tapped her foot. I guess Kylie was still upstairs.
" I'm here... Where is everyone going?" Carter asked as he walked in.
" Coachella. You going?" Matthew asked. He was here?
" Yea, I bought a pass." Carter said as he sighed. I mentally wished that Abby wouldn't come. Wait, why should I do this? Just let her come. I mean, I can't freeze her to death...
" Let's go!" Cam shouted causing me to jump.
" Stop that, Cam!" I shouted as we walked out.
" Or what?" He laughed.
" I'll buy you a bag of onions for your birthday and you would have to eat it... all." I smirked.
" Fine." He said like a little kid.
.
First thing that came to me was the music. So much people came. It felt like a party. The biggest party on Earth.
I accidentally held Carter's hand. I guess it was a force of habit or whatever you call it.
He just squeezed my hand and held on. I saw him smile which made me smile. Sky looked at us and I pulled my hand away, awkwardly. I held on to Sky's hand instead. Even though I wished for Carter's hand instead.
Sky and I walked, confidently, into the big crowd of people.
" I wish Shawn was performing. This would make it 10 times better." Sky said. I nodded.
" I wish Troye was performing." I added. Sky nodded.
" Where is the food?" Kylie asked.
" Why? Are you hungry? We just ate like 20 minutes ago." Sky said.
" Um, have you met Hayes?" Kylie asked.
" Right. Um, ask Connor. He seems to know this place." I said.
Sky and I walked around some more, getting lost in this paradise. I saw famous people, rich people, cool people.
" Hey, you're Sky! The model!" A random girl said as she ran up to Sky.
" Oh, hi." Sky smiled. This is the first time I saw Sky get recognized.
" You are so beautiful. Please take a picture with me." The girl begged.
" Of course." They took a picture together.
" Hey, do you know her?" Sky asked, pointing to me. I smiled then waved.
" Um, that girl that was fired from modeling because she didn't take her job seriously." The girl said. I stood there in shock. Wow, they know a lot more.
I felt my hands tighten. Oh, I wished for water. For the rain to come. But, no. I have to enjoy this day. The past is the past.
" Don't worry, Christina. She didn't mean it like that." Sky said as we walked away.
" Yeah." I said.
.
I let the music fill my mind. I'm dancing and dancing. Everyone is having the best time of their lives.
I felt someone grab my hand. I turn to see Carter. I smiled as we danced. His eyes never left mines.
I never want this beautiful moment to end.
" Did I tell you that you look beautiful?" Carter asked.
" No, but I'm thinking that you just told me." I smiled. He chuckled as he held my waist.
" Listen... about the day we were in bed-" Carter was cut off.
" This is my song! C'mon, dance with me!" Sky shouted as she dragged me to her.
.
I lay in bed. In my pajamas and messy bun. I'm tired, mostly from dancing all day.
Hayes walked in my room and lay in my bed.
" Get off my bed." I said.
" I'm tired and my room is all the way over there." Hayes mumbled.
" So?"
" You owe me. "
" How?" I asked.
" You broke my doorknob. You owe me." He said.
" Okay... fine. No snoring." I said as I turned to my side.
" Okay, goodnight." He said.
" Goodnight." I said as I turned off the lamp.
" You took my daughter away! Now, look at what you have done!" The Enchanter yelled at my parents.
" You couldn't raise her!" My mom shouted.
" She is danger! She needs to know who her mom is!"
" She doesn't need to know. She is our baby. Not yours. You had the chance." Dad said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I always wanted to go to Coachella. Seriously, I asked my friends if they knew what it was and they say no. Like what??