Chapter 14| Under the Water

The cold water surrounds me, making me smile. I swim closer to the kingdom.
" Christina!" My mom shouted. I looked at her, shocked. I'm not even near the kingdom. Did she expect me to come?
" Hi, mom. " I said as I swam to her.
" Why aren't you with your human friends?" She smiled.
" I need to come here." I said.
" For what?"
" Answers."
She looked at me, shocked. Questions quickly filled my mind.
" Uh, why don't you go back home? It's late." Mom said.
" Okay." I said as I swam quickly to my underwater home. It's my home too.
" Christina!" Mom shouted as she tried to catch up. I reached my home and see... nothing.
" You are a fast swimmer, sweetie." Mom said.
" Where's dad?" I asked.
" He went... sort things out." Mom said. My mind wandered into the dream I had.
" Mom, is there anything you need to tell me?" I asked.
" Um, no. Why?"
" Mom, if there is something you are hiding-" I got cut off.
" Christina!" The Enchanter swam to me. Mom stared at dad for a moment.
" What's going on?" I asked, unsure.
" Sweetie, we need to tell you something." Mom said.
" Hun-" Dad was cut off.
" She is old enough." Mom said.
" Why don't I explain it?" The Enchanter said. Mom nodded.
" Christina, when you were younger... I took care of you." The Enchanter said. Is the dream real? It can't be.
" I watched over you and I saw something special... a rare power." She continued.
" So you weren't my mom or something?" I blurted out loud.
" No, she was your guardian. Your mom and I were gone." Dad said.
" Christina, the power you have is rare. It is the power of beauty." The Enchanter said.
" Everyone has beauty." I said.
" This one you have is a blessing and a curse. Any guy can fall in love with you because of your looks. It is difficult for them to fall in love with your personality." The Enchanter said.
Everything made sense. How the guys said they were in love. This thing I have isn't a blessing. Its just a curse. I don't know who loves me just for me now.
" Are you okay?" Mom asked.
" Why didn't you want me here?" I asked.
" We didn't want you to know that we were gone when you were little." Dad said.
" Well, it isn't a big deal." I laughed.
" It is... your dad is a Wild Shark. I swam away many times to see him and travel. Christina, Wild Shark is a part of you." Mom said.
" It can't be. I can control myself." I said. Control myself. If I didn't have Wild Shark blood in me, I wouldn't need too. Oh, no.
" I know." Mom said. I looked at them. The answers I am getting isn't what I am expecting. My dad is a Wild Shark and I have a rare power that makes it hard for me to find real love.
" What about the dream I had? The Enchanter said that she was my mother... What about the necklace? It glowed." I took out the necklace and showed them. It was still glowing.
" The dream was just a dream. And the necklace... hm." The Enchanter took it in her hands.
" Something is happening..." The Enchanter said, " Follow me."
We followed her to the castle. What is happening?
" Derek!" The Enchanter shouted.
" Yes?" He swam closer and his smile soon faded as he saw me.
" Hello, Derek." I said.
" Hello, Christina and her parents." He said then faced The Enchanter.
" The necklace is glowing and you know what it is." The Enchanter said.
" Wait, what it is?" I asked.
" Well, you all are the first to know... I have a baby." My mom gasped.
" You are too young." The Enchanter said.
" I know but I was hurt at the moment and needed someone." Derek looked at me. I looked down, scared to see his sadden eyes.
" How will you care for the baby? " Mom asked.
" Simple, the mother will do her best as I continue to work. Do you want to see our baby?" He asked.
" Yes, please." The Enchanter said. We swam in the castle to the upper floors. We entered a room filled with beautiful shells and plants.
" Love." A lady swam to him and kissed his cheek. She had short, black hair and dark skin. The sound of her voice sounded like she sang the words. Her tail was red and sparkled.
" We have visitors to see our baby." Derek said.
" Here." The lady swam to the crib. Inside had a little baby with dark skin and black hair like her mom. No doubt, the baby is a girl. She had green eyes like her father.
" A beautiful baby." I smiled as I looked at the mother.
" Thank you... Oh, I forgot to introduce myself... I'm Peyton. " She smiled.
" I'm Christina." I smiled.
" Christina? Oh, you are the girl that Derek keeps talking about." She crossed her arms then gave me a serious look.
" Yea, I guess." I shrugged.
" Hun, why don't we go?" Mom said. I looked at mom. Seriously, the wrong time to do that. I'm probably getting into a fight with another mom.
Mom, dad, and The Enchanter left, leaving me alone with Derek and Peyton.
" Why did you leave him?" Peyton asked. Great, the question game.
" I don't know." I simply said.
" Why would you leave such a perfect guy?" She said. I looked at Derek to see him blushing.
" I don't love him." I said.
" Yet, you kissed him. Tell me, did you use him? Wanted the crown?"
" I kissed him because I was hurt. " I crossed my arms. Her face soften.
" How so?"
" I fell in love with someone then realized we can't be together." I said.
" Doesn't give you a reason to kiss him." She said.
" Derek was hurt, was that a reason for you to have a baby?" I asked.
" Plus, he kissed me first." I said. Derek looked down. Peyton stared at Derek.
" You may leave." Peyton said. I swam out, feeling anger and sadness. Realizing, the curse and something I wish I never had. I swam up and reached the surface above water. A storm was coming. And I know who was making it.
I quickly swam to my cave and dried myself as fast as I can. I put on my necklace and ran home.
" Kylie!" I shouted. The house was dark. I ran to her room and saw her crying. I walked to her and all I did was hugged her. As her tears soaked my shirt, I realized what has happened.
It was over a boy, a boy she loved to much. The first one she ever fell in love with.
" Why would he do this?" She asked.
" I don't know, Kylie. I don't know." I said as I stroke her hair.
Hayes know that she is fragile and would break down.
" I know... I look so weak right now-" I cut her off. She looked at me.
" I get it, Kylie. You lost so much but you always held back your tears. So you just lost it. " I wiped her tears with my sleeve.
" Kylie, he made a big mistake of leaving you... but you shouldn't let that get to you. You are beautiful and smart. Any guy would be lucky to have you." I said. She smiled as she hugged me.
" How does this happen? After a break up, someone ends up crying." She said.
" That doesn't happen all the time, but to answer your question... someone still has feelings for the other person and they let expectations get the best of them... It's different for everybody." I said.
" Okay." She said.
" Hey, if it makes you feel better, I might never find love." I said.
" How come? You are beautiful."
" Exactly." I frowned. She looked at me with a faded smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A new chapter!! Hope you like it.
Summer started a few weeks ago and I have been traveling so I couldn't update. Sorry.
Anyways, thank you so much for reading.