𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚒𝚒,

☀️

PROLOGUE II ; ❝bad little boy

☀️

it's been a while since i first started school here - almost half a year ago - and i had already grown accustomed to my own selection of companions and acquaintances.

again, not anyone too close of whom i considered as a true friend: a likelihood of this being strictly due to me falling back on old habits. but simply, these fellow students i've found to be close with, i currently only thought of them as like... a mutual of sorts.

still, i became well-known in the community, even was coined a nickname: thumper. the label originated from the acclaimed disney movie, bambi, and alludes to the jumps i do as a part of the cheerleading squad, my contemporary specialty in dance class, and as a whole, my fragility as a person - almost like the rabbit from the exact film. to say i was viewed in a more positive light than most would be a correct assumption.

however, an unlikely day passed, the day in late march where i was - for the first time ever - late to school.

i sped past shocked students and staff glancing my way, straight to my designated locker at the end of the hallway, before a good portion of them went back to pursuing whatever they were doing initially. silently, i cursed the rain for making me foolishly mishear my morning 5 a.m. alarm, which then caused me to sleep in several hours afterward, thus enabling me to sit through a horrid amount of traffic that had soon ensued. still disorientated from the long drive and restless sleep, i harshly turned the corner and smashed right into a giant-someone (at least, comparatively to myself).

upon impact, i bounced off the roughly structured body, almost flopping onto the muddied-up floor below us, but instead, a steady hand caught me in an instant.

i peered warily upwards, meeting an all-too-familiar face and their teal stain-colored optics: our own sets widening considerably at our positions.

it had been months since we'd last been this close to one another. the man who struck terror on the daily amongst this secluded, little academy with various acts of vandalism, assault, and battery (and probably much more vicious crimes). but here we both were... inches apart, and i was safely nestled in his wide, strong arms.

feeling the weight of the world being placed upon me, i broke our eye contact to nervously inspect around me, watching as the even-fewer bystanders that had previously been minding their own business now back to gaping at the scene ahead of them.

i brought myself back to the boy who had never allowed himself to take his gaze off me.

to be honest, from my angle, i could see why people were scared of the boy; with his taller frame and domineering personality, and having witnessed some of his acts of sharpie-ing the walls with his infamous tagline and random scary cartoon animals he conjured up on the spot, playing horrifying pranks of teachers that sometimes left long-term effects, scarring children with jokes he made along with his just-as-cruel brother, and etcetera.