ѕєνєη ; вℓυє мσση

☀️

chapter vii ; ❝your darkened face flickers before my eyes

☀️

here, you - as well as the rest of the killer bass - watched whilst ezekiel slumped through the dock of shame and slowly loaded his luggage onto the boat of losers. once he finished, he then sailed off into the direction of wherever his primitive, rural hometown was as he turned to his ex-teammates with a mournful, heavy look on his face. but eventually, the boat would gain momentum and that expression would no longer be made out for kilometers/miles.

previous to this, chris had caught up to you after you had officially finished cleaning off the narrow-minded boy with the thick canadian accent; he told you that you were not obligated to attend the campfire elimination ceremony, but you decided on doing so anyway merely out of courtesy.

passing you the final white pillowy, squishy dessert, the b-list celebrity host held onto your elbow with the lightest touch, holding you back from the killer bass inconspicuously. "the rest of you, enjoy your marshmallows! you're all safe... for tonight."

you popped the gelatinous, sugary cylindrical into the far corner of your cheek, munching on it cutely as the two of you watched the loser team retreat to their cabins; they passed through the conveniently planted shrubbery, facilitating them to avoid the overly confident gazes being casted from the screaming gopher faction who enjoyed their hot tub not too far away.

the moderately greying, raven-haired actor gestured you back towards the scattered tree stumps, taking his own seat next to you - all while the rest of the camera crew wrap up their equipment, at least offering you two a bit of confidentiality (even if the hidden cameras were always rolling).

"i know i already told you about you having the next three days to choose which team you want to permanently be a part of..." chris begins, shrugging his cargo pants up to readjust himself before resting his elbows on his knees and leaning into your humble form. "...but i just wanted to let you know that if you ever are stuck on the decision, or just need to have a question answered, i'll be here on saturdays with the executive producers going over next week's script, so you can come down tomorrow to the camera crew's cabin at the very front of the island and talk to me."

you nod your head respectfully: the soothing summer's wind softly whipping your h/t-locks across your features, letting his words seep into your brain, and swallowing down the remnants of the prize-winning marshmallow.

"also, monday will be the day of our next shooting, so i trust in that you'll pass this piece of information on to everyone else." chris reciprocates the curt gesture, nodding as he uses one fist as a cushion for his head and uses his free hand to rub small, little circles on your knee. "any questions you have for me?