тωσ ; ησт ѕσ нαρρу ƈαмρєяѕ ραят σηє/ƒσυя

☀️

chapter ii ; ❝you think i'm fed up? shit, what gave it away?❞

☀️

the front flap of your scarlet bandana top flutters in the wind, exposing your bare belly out to the soon-to-be afternoon sun. you utilized one hand to fix your outfit: pulling your faded acid-blue mom jeans down below your belly button, tucking in your white platform tennies' laces inside the actual shoe, and flicking down your cat-eye sunglasses to rest at the bridge of your nose. this is all while you hold onto the gold railings of the speed boat for dear life.

being able to officially see through the sun's rays that were previously blinding you, you narrow into the island ahead.

you bit down on an excited smile, letting out a little: "woo!" and thrusting a fist into the air, then pull it down several times as if to signal to the captain. not too long after, you get exactly what you wished for... two long, guttural honks from the yacht's pristine horns.

as the boat drives closer to the peninsula, you make mental note of the large group of contestants and staff already crowded on the small, corroding dock where you were designated to be dropped off at.

you also jot down how different the so-called 'five-star resort' was compared to the ethereal images taken and uploaded online of the beach, lake, and hotel rooms. almost none of the features were anywhere in sight unless it was further away than what's in view so far but you highly doubted it.

"should've known it was a scam just from the way duncan was pitching the idea to me..." you sigh, throwing your head back in disdain, but pick it back up just to stay positive for the future of your vacation.

in addition to the $100,000, too... that would most likely be going into any college funds you weren't able to fully pay off with scholarships (that you'd like to blame on babysitting duncan, of course).

you already heard of your best friend's escape from prison by his parents who were somehow able to dissolve the charges against him... obviously because of the injustice in today's system, and the sheer fact that his father is a chief officer himself, along with his entire paternal's side of the family being in the law enforcement after all... but at least they also gave him an ultimatum between either jail or winning this summer camp, thus choosing the obvious choice that granted him only a tad bit of freedom.

that is, if he even got accepted - which you weren't even sure of.

since your last talk with him, you haven't really seen duncan, nor heard from him in general, which kinda peeved you off. but then, you were busy readying your uni dorm, meeting your future roommates and getting to know their personalities, as well as touring campus for the umpteenth time. and he was busy... doing duncan things, aka stowing himself away from the world and laying low from the feds (by going on television? hm..?).