єιgнт ; тнє вιg ѕℓєєρ ραят σηє/тωσ

☀️

chapter viii ; ❝look for the girl with the broken smile

chapter viii ; look for the girl with the broken smile...

☀️

the black-haired man takes y/n by the wrist, leading her from the entrance of the building, down a few twists and turns into certain insignificant hallways, and into his own little office quarters.

"i took you back here because, well-" he gently leads her to one of the two seats positioned in front of his desk as he intricately shuts the door with a soft click and whirls his body to the h/c-haired girl fully, indicating a hand to the very visible 'hidden' cameras that were able to be made out from the windows. "-but you're sure about this?"

"i-i am..." she nods to the host, her e/c eyes quivering, her slightly-chapped, fleshy lips pursed as she harshly swallows down on a nervous gulp under the authority figure's unreadable gaze.

"so," chris starts, clearing his throat, walking around the girl's seat to his own spinning chair behind the desk, and pulling out a small stack of documents from one of his cabinets. "which side do you choose?"

☀️

you slept pleasantly the last two nights, comparatively to the first ones since you came to the island. you probably had to attribute it to the fact that you had lifted a huge burden from atop your shoulders when speaking to chris on saturday, but izzy's selfless proposition to sharing a comfortably-uncomfortable twin-sized bed did more than wonders for you too.

of course, at first, you felt quite burdened by izzy's strange sleeping patterns, but as the days passed by, you were just happy to have somewhere adequate to sleep in; embracing her ugly-looking cuddles and the misplaced conjoined limbs between the two of you.

she is a great roommate, or bedmate, to have. izzy would pamper you with affection, whether through words or actions. the activities usually included; braiding flowers into your hair, giving you tender massages (or cracking your bones violently), hyping you up whenever you were feeling insecure in an overly-cluttered conversation, opening up to you about the copious stories of running away from the rcmp or how she got onto the 'top 10 most wanted' list, as well as simply complimenting you for any chance she could get.

izzy made sure to look after you, and you could give a large portion of credit to her for your growing self-confidence - that's for sure. you and she were honestly more similar than you would actually like to believe, but... anyway- she truly was just a great person to have as a friend.

☀️

it was currently sunday, on the night before the second shoot, and the gophers invited you personally to one of their hot tub outings. you never wanted to prod into their parties since you preferred spending your nights drawing, reading, playing music, or sleeping, and you weren't even a part of their group - or any group, much less - but izzy, owen, and cody insisted, stating that everyone who wanted to be there would be there.