The Next Day

We see a bright, gorgeous area, with white beaches surrounded by azure seas, duly labeled the Emerald Coast. Sonic is relaxing by the Station Square hotel pool near the coast, wearing shades and resting peacefully. Sonic is quickly awoken by the sound of someone yelping. Sonic lifts up his shades and checks the blue skies. "Hm?"

He hops up quickly, letting his shades fall to the ground, once he sees who it is.

The one yelping turned out to be Sonic's two-tailed sidekick and essentially adoptive little brother, Miles Prower (also known as Tails the Fox). His plane was malfunctioning quite badly.

"Tails?!" Sonic said with concern. He was struggling to keep his plane afloat, when it eventually starting heading towards one direction.

"Woah! Oh man, you're gonna crash...!"

Sonic cringed as the ground shook, and the smell of smoke filled the clean air. Debris was scattered across the sands. "Tails!!"

"Ah, guess I have no choice..." Sonic shrugged.

After running around Emerald Coast at the speed of sound, Sonic rescued Tails. Together , they walked back to the pool, talking to each other.

Tails: "It's sure been a long time, Sonic!"

Sonic: "Yeah, guess so. Anyway, what happened? Are you okay? You're too good of an inventor to have a plane get out of control like that..."

Tails: "Oh, I'm just fine. I was testing a new model of the Tornado. It's got a few bugs to iron out. I guess the transmission system's strength was very weak."

Sonic: "There's always the original Tornado with us if you need a plane, y'know."

Tails: "Hehe, this time I'm thinking of something even more amazing!

I've got this, too...Here you go!"

Tails reveals a gleaming purple Chaos Emerald to Sonic.

"Whoa! A Chaos Emerald!"

"That's right! I picked up one of the seven during a test flight."

Tails looks down at the Chaos Emerald, seeing his own reflection off of it.

"A mysterious stone that produces infinite amounts of power...I think I could use one as a power source for my plane. Super charged!

Let's go to my workshop, Sonic, there's something I gotta show you there. It's at the Mystic Ruins. By taking a train from the station, you could get there in no time at all!"

So, Sonic took a train to Mystic Ruins and met up with Tails, but the two are stopped by a familiar voice...

"Hoohohoho! Sonic!"

"Hey, look Tails! It's a giant, talking egg!" Sonic teases. Tails giggles at Sonic's words.

"Urrgh...stop with that name-calling! I am the world's greatest scientific genius, Dr. Robotnik!"

Sonic: "Long time no see, 'Eggman'. Heh..."

Robotnik: "I've stayed quiet for a long while, but now, I'll be busy again!"

Tails: "So, you're looking to start another fight, I see."

Robotnik: "Indeed, and I won't let you win this time around! Now, kindly hand over your Chaos Emerald there, or else..."

Sonic: "...Or else, what?!"

Robotnik: "Or else, I'll just take it from you instead!"

Robotnik, in his Eggmobile, disappears under the cliff below, but then quickly returns inside the Egg Hornet, suited for a battle.

As expected, Robotnik gets defeated, and the Eggmobile lands on the ground, spewing smoke and the machine broke. "You made it too easy!" Sonic exclaims.

Tails, not realizing that it's best if he doesn't, walks over to Sonic with the Chaos Emerald in his paws. "An opening!" Robotnik says as he uses a claw from the mobile to grab the Emerald. This catches Sonic and Tails both by surprise.

"Alright, Chaos! Have this!"

Sonic: "Chaos?"

Tails: "Who's that?"

A puddle moves toward Dr. Robotnik and rises up in the form of a creature with glowing eyes, a visible brain, and made of water.

Sonic: "That's...that's gotta be the thing I saw last night!! No way..."

The doctor throws the Chaos Emerald at Chaos. It turns into a bigger, taller creature with visible bones in its right arm--known by legend as Chaos-1. Inside the marrow is a gleaming glow, just like the purple Chaos Emerald had.

"Oh, yes! This is happening exactly as the stone tablets stated it would!"

Dr. Robotnik slowly turns to the duo.

"Chaos here becomes more powerful with every Chaos Emerald he is exposed to. With all 7 of them...he just might become the PERFECT monster, one that you could never stop even if you tried! I'll use him to destroy Station Square, and build my ideal city over its ruins!!"

"Alright, Chaos! Let's leave now to look for the rest!" Robotnik says as he presses a button on his mobile and teleports with Chaos.

"Sonic...if that monster keeps transforming, it could mean big trouble!" Tails says.

"That blasted doctor...." Sonic whispers.

Tails: "If we don't let him get the Emeralds, Chaos shouldn't be able to transform any further!

Let's beat both of them to collecting the rest of the Chaos Emeralds!"

Sonic deposited 400 rings into the vault in Casinopolis, by breaking the machines and playing pinball there. He did this to form a golden mountain, which he used to reach the white Chaos Emerald sitting on a ledge far above. After collecting it, both Sonic and Tails hurried out of Casinopolis, only to have their second encounter with Dr. Robotnik. While Tails flies away quickly and Sonic speeds away, Sonic accidently drops the white Emerald.

"Oh! The Chaos Emerald!"

Robotnik: "Haha, get a load of this!"

He sets off a purple smoke bomb, and abducts the white Emerald into his mobile.

Sonic: "Gah...Robotnik...!"

Sonic and Tails can hardly breathe. They both black out.

Next morning, Sonic and Tails are seen laying on the sidewalk, near the Casinopolis entrance. Sonic's legs are slightly twitching and Tails' namesake is dirty and fluffed out.

Sonic wakes up and holds on Tails' arm and shakes it. "Tails...pal? Wake up..."

Tails: "H...Huh...Ah! What happened to the Chaos Emerald?!"

"Eggman snatched one of them, but the one we got a while ago is safe. He must be desperate.", Sonic replies.

Tails: "That's Eggman's 2 to our 1...We can't give up!"