Missing Hedgehog

Sonic is standing outside of Tails' workshop as Tails enters. "Wait here a moment!"

Sonic impatiently taps his foot on the ground. He then walks behind the workshop to see the palm trees slowly falling down, revealing a runway in between. The track lifts itself up as Tails comes out inside of the Tornado, fired up and all. "Now, get on!"

Sonic: "Let's go!"

Eventually, the two catch up to Eggman.

Eggman: "Don't think you've won just yet!

Ready the Cannon...

FIRE!!"

Unfortunately, Tails didn't have enough time to dodge it. A wing of the Tornado snaps and falls all the way to the ground in a rapid amount of time.

Sonic: "Aaah!!!! We're hit!"

Sonic ends up falling off of the plane, ending up way back at Emerald Coast at sunset.

We can see the fall through Sonic's perspective now. As he quickly nears the sandy ground, everything turns black suddenly.

"Tails?"

"Taaaaiiiillls...?"

Out of Sonic's perspective, we now see Sonic fell upside down, with his entire body visible, his legs moving around, and his head buried in sand. After struggling for a couple seconds, Sonic hops out of the sand. He's moving quadrupedally due to the fatigue.

"Oh...he's not here..."

Sonic preforms a Super Peel-Out and runs to the pool area.

"I just hope that he's alright..."

Back to Station Square. Sonic is walking on the sidewalks, desperately trying to locate his little friend. He hears something in the distance.

"Soooniiiic!!!! Wait up!"

Amy Rose, a hammer-wielding hedgehog, appears behind Sonic

Amy Rose, a hammer-wielding hedgehog, appears behind Sonic. It looks as though a blue bird that's wearing something on its neck is flying next to her.

"I-It's been a while, hasn't it!" Amy said, breathing heavily as she had finally caught up to Sonic.

Sonic is surprised when he sees who he turns around to find. "A-Amy!"

Amy: "I really missed seeing you. Where were you?

Anyway, this poor bird is being chased. Could you protect her for a little while?"

Sonic: "A bird? No worries. With how small she is, I'm certain you'll be able to protect her."

Amy: "Even if you don't want to, we'll have to tag along anyway, maybe just in case. It's not safe here..."

Sonic, Amy, and the Bird are walking together on the sidewalk when ZERO, a new robot created by Eggman that was chasing the bird, is behind the three. It starts to come toward them at an alarming speed.

Amy: "Sonic, that's him!!"

Sonic: "No problem for me, I'll take care of 'em!"

Amy: "Wow, this is amazing!"

Sonic: "What're you talking about?"

Sonic turns around to see that Amy was looking at the sign for Twinkle Park.

Amy: "This is cool! It says, "Welcome to Twinkle Park. Admission is free for the cutest couples!" C'mon, let's go in, Sonic!

Sonic: "Urrgghh..."

Amy runs in before Sonic had the chance to follow her.

"Amy! Wait-wait-wait, just wait a minute!"

Sonic decides to run in anyway. "This girl's gonna be the end of me..."

Later, Sonic examines the area around him, realizing he is unable to find Amy.

"Dang it! I got separated from Amy, now, too. Let's hope that robot didn't haul after her...I gotta find her--fast!!"

Sonic dashes out of Twinkle Park, and passes through Speed Highway, but yet still finds no sign of Amy until he checks the area outside Casinopolis.

"Now, two of my friends are gone, whatever happened to her...?"

Sonic looks up at the sound of screaming.

"Aaaaahhhh!!!! Sonic!!!"

Unfortunately, ZERO is holding Amy and the bird, speeding across the tracks that lead to Mystic Ruins.

"No worries, I can cut that thing off in Mystic Ruins at the speed of sound!"

ZERO is now at Mystic Ruins with Amy.

"Put me down, you hunk of junk!!"

Luckily, our blue hero arrives just in time.

"Hey, there! Eggman's robot! Release her or I'll rip through ya 'til you're nothing but bolts!"

As soon as Sonic jumps to the ground, a big blanket of shadow coats the ruins.

Sonic: "What?! What's happening now?!"

The shadow appears to have come from none other than the Egg Carrier, which takes both ZERO and Amy with it.

Sonic: "WAIT!!!"

Amy: "SONIIIIIIIIC!!!"

Sonic: "It showed up again!?"

As the Egg Carrier flies off in the distance, Sonic runs toward a set of muddy rocks.

We can now see the Egg Carrier moving in the sky.

Meanwhile, Sonic the Hedgehog runs into the large clearing in which the rocks were covering. He lands inside Red Mountain.

Back in the Egg Carrier...

Eggman: "Dr. 'Eggman'...that doesn't sound half bad, actually. I'm the Eggman with a master plan!"

Amy: "Let me outta here!!"