chapter thirty-nine

The cool England air hits you as you stand, holding your arm out to hail a taxi. One finally pulls over and picks you up. You give him the address of the hotel, and he starts the drive.

You look out of the window, watching buildings and people fly past you. It's weird to be on the left side of the back seat and not be behind the driver.

"You new to the city?" The guy asks, looking in the mirror to see you watching the city pass your vision. His accent is pretty strong.

"Yes," you chuckle slightly. "Is it that obvious?"

"Well with the thick American accent and the wandering eyes of a tourist, yes."

You smile, feeling slightly embarrassed. "I've never been outside of the States before, so this is a whole new planet for me."

"I hope it finds you well," he said, pulling into the parking lot of the hotel.

"Thank you," you smile, "I haven't had the chance to convert my cash yet."

"That's okay, I can do it."

You pay the taxi driver and get you and your things out of the car. You walk into the doors of the hotel.

"Hi, I have a room reserved already."

"Name?"

"Y/n Y/L/N. It should be paid for under the name of Jason Kane."

"Ah yes, you are reserved for four months in room 7b." The desk lady hands you your key.

"Thank you."

"Have a nice stay, I'll be here every day 8am to 10pm if you need anything, and James is our overnight clerk."

You nod your head and wheel your suitcase to the elevator.

"Hi," a woman in the elevator says as you step in.

"Hi," you smile.

"First time here?" she asks with a pretty British accent. Her blonde hair flows down to the middle of her back, soft curls intertwining with one another.

"Damn, I really make it obvious don't I?"

She laughs softly. "We Brits know how to sniff out newbies."

The elevator stops on the second floor of rooms (really the third floor), and it opens for you. "Well, this is me."

"See you around, American."

You smile, shaking your head and go to the seventh room. You swipe the keycard under the door handle and it unlocks.

The executive producer, Jason really knows how to pick hotels. The room is pretty spacious. The queen size bed with beige bedding sits in the middle of the room, night stands on either side. There's a white, two cushioned couch up against the wall furthest from the door and a wood dresser across from the bed stained dark brown with a tv on top of it. A small closet is next to the dresser, and on the other side a counter with a coffee pot and sugar packets. The restroom door is adjacent from the entrance and exit door. The counter is roomy, the sink resting in the middle. There's a few skin care items next to the soap. The shower is a walk in, the sliding glass door blurry and barely see through.

You begin to unpack, folding your clothes neatly into the dresser and hanging up the fancier ones in the closet. You put away all of your toiletries into the bathroom then plop on the bed after spraying a good coat of Lysol.

Tomorrow morning, you're to meet the cast and crew and have a table read for about an hour. Excitement and hits of nerves flutter in your stomach as you stare up at the ceiling. This will be your life until the beginning of July.

The sun begins to fade outside, the light inside your room dimming. A rumble sounds from the clouds above, rain beginning to drizzle, hitting against the window creating soft pounding sounds.

As your eyes begin to grow heavy, you're hit with a sudden realization that you'll have to sleep alone for some time. A semi harsh wave of loneliness hits you as the world around you fades into dreams.

672 words. rip matthew and y/n....

kidding kidding