chapter ten

It's been two weeks since you and Jordan started seeing each other. You've gone on a few lowkey dates when you both could manage the time. He's a great guy.

Work has been keeping you busy, so today you're going to see each other for the first time in a few days. Your plans are to watch a movie or two and just kind of chill in your apartment.

You get into a pair of leggings and a fairly nice top. You wear your white sneakers too, even though you're going to be inside. You're not comfortable enough with each other to be in your normal home attire loungewear.

After starting the coffee pot, you brush your teeth for obvious reasons and make sure your light makeup looks alright.

A knock at your door makes your heart pound faster. This is the first time Jordan will be in your apartment. Why is every first so weird?

You open the door with a smile, he leans in giving you a kiss on the cheek. "Hey! I brought popcorn."

You chuckle. "Oh good. I have coffee."

He smiles again. You ask him how he wants the coffee, and you fix it quickly then take a seat next to him on the couch. The lights are off, the sun setting outside is the only source of light aside from the tv.

He sips his coffee as you press play on the movie. The two of you had decided on watching The Hunger Games, because a romance movie didn't sound right.

The two of you eat the popcorn and drink your coffee in a slightly uncomfortable silence. It's been a while since you've done this whole dating thing.

Boldly, you turn his face towards you with your right hand and lean in. If you're not going to talk, you might as well make out. Your mouth moves against his slowly. Neither of you are paying attention to the game of survival happening on the screen.

You lean back against the couch, causing him to be hovering above you. When you pull away for air, he doesn't lean back in. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

Oh now he wants to talk.

"Sure, go ahead."

"I think we should take things slow."

Slower than we're already going? Granny speed??

"Oh... alright." You say.

"I just mean, I don't want to ruin this. You're really cool, and I think if we just let it happen when it happens it'd be nice."

You sit up, "Okay. Sure."

You're not mad or upset about this, but he says this in the middle of making out? It's not like you were asking for sex, you wouldn't be complaining, but that's not what you were doing. Maybe he's just new to this, and he's scared. Aw that's kinda sweet.

The two of you continue to watch the movie, neither of you even looking at each other. When the credits start rolling in, he turns around and says: "I should get going. I have work early."

"Okay, no problem."

You kiss goodbye and plop on the couch when he's gone. That just seemed kinda weird. Everything was going so great, and now it's just off. Maybe it's just in your head though.

___
"Y/n! Y/n!" Aisha and AJ come knocking on your trailer door. Before you even have the chance to open it, they come in.

"Oh my God, what?"

"We have news."

"Unless somebody is dead, I'm now rich, or Elvis is coming on the show I don't particularly care." You say. You were going through lines and answering some important emails with casting directors and your manager.