chapter forty-one

"Matthew Gray Gubler and co star Y/n Y/L/n share intimate moment at LAX."

"I am now on the cover of an article. How bougie of me."

"This is great!" Jess says from the other end of the phone.

"I mean it's better than how I felt about the last article. I don't know, Matthew and I were going to keep it on the down low until later."

"I get that, but wouldn't it be exhausting to keep your relationship a secret for so long?"

"Yeah I guess, but neither of us post much on socials anyway, and our friends and family know so it wasn't like our relationship was completely isolated."

Jess sighs. "You can still deny it."

"Nah there's no point. I just hope his fan girls don't hate my guts."

"How could they? You're hot and nice!"

"Well thank you, but you're not a Gube-obsessed 16 year old girl."

She laughs. "That's true."

"I miss you," you say with a sigh.

"I miss you too, babe!"

"Run away and visit me."

"School and work are saying no, but I would love to."

"I know I know. I've got to go. You need to sleep, it's 2am!"

"Yeah right. Have fun on set, love you."

"Love you too, Jess."

You get up from your bed and slip on your high tops. It's your second day of filming. You had to get up at the bright and early time of 7am. Well, actually, the cloudy and rainy time of 7am in London.

You head to set and get to hair and makeup quickly.

"Are you really dating that guy of Criminal Minds?" Eve, your hairdresser asks.

"Uh yeah. You saw the article, didn't you?"

"I keep up with Hollywood gossip, helps keep me entertained while I drink my tea."

You laugh softly, nodding. Eve curls your hair and brushes it out. Your brown locks have grown, trailing down to the top of your shoulder blades now.

You're sure Matthew will see the article when he wakes up in a few hours. You're not sure what he'll think of it though. Obviously, both of you knew that kissing in front of an airport would make the media put some attention on you, but you weren't really expecting a whole article from a Hollywood gossip site.

Grayson finishes your makeup, and you're off to meet with the director.

_____
Carter walks out of her class after changing back into regular clothes.

"Hey! Watch where you're going." A bald British man said, running into Carter.

She walked through the park, pressing her lips together to keep from saying something to him.

"That guy is always an arse by the way, don't take offense to it," a blonde haired woman said.

"Oh it's okay, I'm used to people being complete dicks," Carter says in a British accent.

"I haven't seen you around here before. I'm basically here every day," she says, moving a piece of hair behind her ear. "You from the other side of town? Or let me guess, got bored a surrounding city because London is the best," she says, half jokingly.

"Shit. I'm actually American. I just- I heard your accent and couldn't refrain. That's so embarrassing," Carter says, face palming.

"Well, then I'm impressed by your fake accent."

"Thanks," she laughed. "Carter."

"Paige, nice to meet you."

Carter offers Paige her hand to shake.

She takes it. "How long have you been here, American?"

"Just landed yesterday. It's been interesting to say the least."

Paige checks the time on her phone. "I've got to go, but here's my number if you need someone to show you around." She grabs a gum wrapper out of her pocket and writes her number on it.

"Thank you."

"See you later, American."

Carter smiles and puts Paige's number in her back pocket.

_____
"Hey, baby!" Matthew answers the phone excitedly.

"I was not expecting you to answer so fast," you laugh softly.

"I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. How's your day been?"

"It's been good. I just got back to the hotel."

"How's your new cast mates?"

"I've really only talked to one, Jaiden, but she's cool. What are your plans for the day?"

"I'm glad. And basically just relax. Mom wants me to watch movies with her since I haven't been hope in a while."

"Awh. I wish I could be there."

"Me too. I love you."

"I love you too. Talk later?"

"Of course, darling," he says, and you can practically feel his smile from the phone.

You sigh in content and hang up the phone. The long distance thing hasn't been too bad. Granted, it's only been a couple of days. You plug your phone in and lie down on the hotel bed, looking out of the window. Rain droplets race each other down the glass as the clouds begin to unload harsher.

817 words. i'm backkkk:) hopefully more consistent updates