27. The Zoo

Third POV

The (h/c)-ette girl stared at herself in the mirror before cringing.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?" she yelled, her voice echoing through the house.

"I mean like look at this!! This shirt is wrinkly and makes me look like I have a bad posture— not that I don't have it but STILL!!" she yelled to herself.

The empty house made her feel safe right now because she knew she would get her ass beat if her grandma heard her screaming in the middle of the day. Panicking, she went through her wardrobe, groaning and crying dramatically to herself.

What am I going to wear—
THIS IS WHY I HATE PROCRASTINATING SO MUCH SOSKDNAKJDNASN
What will he think when he sees me in this?!

DING!

"Speak of the devil—" she cursed and unlocked her phone.

Ushijima
My ride just ended and I'm in Tokyo now.
(Seen 13:38pm)

Y/n inhaled through her nose and sighed, calming her nerves. There were three things in her mind all week. Photoshoot, interview and this date.

"Why did I even say yes to this..." she groaned. "It's going to be a waste of time, plus I have to go to Sendai gym tomorrow morning."

Tachibana
Okay, I'll be going out in five

Ushijima
I will be waiting.

Immediately, she grabbed something from the wardrobe, not bothering if it was decent or not and slipped into it as fast as she could.

When she finally went to the lobby, zooming out of the condo and grabbed a taxi to go to the station. She saw the tall male, standing curiously in the middle of the station, holding his backpack as people stared at him with wonder. Y/n cringed and paid the driver before running towards Ushijima.

"U-Uh hey!!" she yelled, facing him.

He had his usual stoic expression on, his sharp eagle eyes going up and down Y/n's outfit before bowing. "Greetings, Tachibana." he said in monotone.

Did he just check me out—

"So, uh, the zoo?" Y/n asked, brushing off her shorts awkwardly. The dark haired male nodded, leaning his elbow towards Y/n. She raised an eyebrow and stared at his face, looking for any information but he didn't budge.

"What am I supposed to—"

"Link your arms around mine." he said simply. Y/n blushed, her cheeks turning pink when he said that. "That way, we can look like we're on a date." he said in his same monotonous voice.

Shyly reaching out for his arms, she put her arm through the hole and hugged his bicep. His strong muscles were comfortable to hold onto as Y/n turned away flustered.

Even apart from being confident in volleyball matches, Ushijima was quite pleased that his first ever date was going on well. He looked at the shorter female with the side of his eye and felt his heart beat faster.

Cute...

"U-Uh, the zoo is ten minutes away from here. Would you like to have some—" Y/n blushed when she caught him staring. "—s-some ice-cream? FUCK!!"

Accidentally, she hit her toe at a lamp post, earning disappointed looks from people when she accidentally cursed. Ushijima glared at the people and drove them away as he waited patiently for the girl to get back up.

"Are you alright?"

"I hit my toe..." she shrieked, her air getting sucked away as she composed herself. "I can't feel it anymore." Y/n replied, embarrassed in front of the male.