31. Change

Y/n was at court, beside her there was her lawyer, Ms. Takuchi. The adult gave her a warm smile to comfort her while he glared intensely their way.

Ms. Takuchi was a great woman, a great lawyer and an amazing human being. Y/n was really glad she accepted the case when she reached out for help. The (h/c)-ette girl turned her head to see a lot of her friends. Yachi and Kiyoko were there with reassured smiles on their faces. Some members from the volleyball team were there and got surprised when she spotted Bokuto with Kuroo and Kenma.

Some of her parents' friends came, including Mr.Kubo. She was really glad that so many of her friends and families came over.

-

"Mama, papa... what does growing up feels like?" A young girl with (h/c) hair said.

Miyabi smiled at her daughter and put her on her lap and slowly ran her fingers through her hair. "Like everything before your eyes just washes away."

She frowned, "Isn't that sad though?"

Her mother laughed, "Partly it is. But it's all natural so no need to be sad over it." She kissed her forehead lovingly. "I was blessed with your brother and you when I grew up to an adult."

Y/n smiled against her mother's touch and said, "I'll grow up just to be like you, mama! I want to be cool and beautiful just like you!"

"Honey, I'd love to see you grow up to be a beautiful young woman. That's why you got to sleep to get taller." She quickly tucked Y/n in and kissed her on the nose. "Good night, sweetie."

Y/n smiled. 

"Good night, mama."

-

After two hours, the trial ended, Y/n's team winning the case. She sighed in relief as she was embraced by her lawyer. Truly you cannot hide the truth, it will always get exposed in the end. Justice will always be served.

Mr. Kunebo looked tired, angry and most importantly, defeated.

After they left the court, Mr. Kubo invited everyone who came for Y/n for lunch at his restaurant. She was immediately hugged by Kenma when she got out.

"Aww, did you miss me, Kyanma?"

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't forget me too!!" Bokuto roared as he grabbed both Kenma and Y/n in his arms, giving an air-crushing hug. "Let's go eat!!"

Y/n's ringtone of her phone rang as she excused herself from the others.

"I have to take this one, it's Nana's hospital."

They nodded and let her go.

"I wonder what it's about..." she mumbled. When she put her phone on her ear, her eyes widened in fear as what she heard next.

Her fingertips went numb, her brain froze as she heard the following words,

"Akiko Tachibana is in a severe condition, your presence is needed!"

She didn't need to think twice, she had to go to her grandmother. She sprinted her way to the hospital since it wasn't that far, leaving everyone confused and worried.

Y/n's legs hurt with running in heels but she couldn't care less.

Nana needed her.

She could already feel the tears coming out as wind blew on her face to dry them. She couldn't risk anyone leaving her. Not again. Not her grandmother, no.

As she busted through the hospital doors, she couldn't help but feel anxious. The atmosphere inside the place wad unsettling, uncomfortable and most of all, nerve wracking.