9. Captain's Serves

Y/n's POV

With hours passing, the Karasuno team got so into the match they forgot it was already the third set. Sure it was a practice match, but it meant a lot to them and really had the fire in their hearts to win.

Our team was in the lead with the score of, 24-21. Even with a match point, they sub in Oikawa who just finished warming up.

"Leave this to me, Kinimi-chan! I'm going to reclaim Y/n-chan as mine!" he said determinedly as the stoic 1st year nods.

I just rolled my eyes at his comment and started to pretend I didn't hear what he just said. The brunette catches the ball that was given to him, he points at Tsukishima making everyone puzzled.

Ohohoho, but not me, Tooru. I know what kind of game you're playing at...

"Tsukishima. Get ready for it." I warned the blonde, who looked at me puzzled. Oikawa tosses the ball up, jumping to match the ball and he hits it with his palm smoothly as the ball flies to the other side of the court.

Aaaand, the tall blonde failed to receive the ball, the round thing going over the audience, making them startled.

I sighed at my predictions and turned to Tooru, who had a cocky smirk on his face, glaring at his opponents.

"I noticed it before the match." he said gesturing our tangerine and french fry. "You, number 5 and number 6, aren't really great receivers aren't you? You must be the first years." he finished, turning to my way and gave a pitiful glance, "I really thought Y/n-chan taught you something~ Believe me, she's a great teacher, I guess you were too of an idiot to learn that." the brunette chuckled teasingly.

Oikawa was given the ball and he served again. The ball goes over the net pretty fast, it was overwhelming. Tsukishima failed to receive the ball again, making him curse to himself.

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi grips onto Sugawara's shoulder with fear.

"Oi! Ladies!" I yelled, catching their attentions.

I pointed to the rear and narrowed my gaze at them, "You guys just adjust yourselves by the end line, it's totally fine if you don't receive it properly, just make sure to get it over the other court. Be prepared by their attacks." I told them strictly. The boys nodded and followed the orders I just gave.

Hinata pouted after seeing Tsukishima's annoyance. "Hey, Tsukishima!" the ball of sunshine said confidently. "Everyone on this side is our ally!" the ginger reminded, making the tall blonde at loss of words.

The bespectacled salt shaker scoffed at his words and muttered something like 'I know...'

Oikawa held the ball once again, he heard Hinata childishly squirm around, yelling, "Oi! Great King! Aim at me!"

I couldn't hold up my laughter and accidentally escaped a chuckle.

The Great King? Bahahahhahahahah!

"Stop with that nonsense! You're being embarrassing!" the french fry snapped, making the orange haired teen pout again.

The third year Seijoh's captain tossed the ball up high in the air, as he jumps matching the ball in the air, as he raised his right arm to hit it successfully, aiming it towards Tsukishima.

"Hm, it seems like he forced a bit more power to get that accuracy." I noted.

This time, Tsukishima successfully received it but it went to the other court, earning a chance ball to the opposite team.

I saw Tsukishima curse to himself again and yelled, "Tsukishima! It's fine! Focus!"

He calmed down and bends down to ready himself for the next attack from Seijoh. Yahaba set the ball to Kindaichi who was already in the air. He raised his hand to spike down the ball to the floor but a small hand was reaching for him made it a one-touch.