two.

THE CHOSEN ONE'S CHOSEN GIRL - BOOK 1chapter two !

chapter two !

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

WITH the full moon having been and gone, Dad and I were soon back to our original routine of schoolwork and messing about, and it felt nice to be back to normal for a while. This full moon hadn't been as painful as some we'd had before, and we were both relieved about that. We had been having some very painful transformations this year. Like we usually did over breakfast the mornings after full moons, we relayed some of our vague memories from our adventures, laughing together at the thought of our wolf counterparts chasing each other through the woods, and I couldn't help but smile non-stop. I loved seeing my dad be happy. A part of me hoped that having me with him during his transformations helped him hate our condition less. But I wasn't sure. He hated seeing me in pain, and not being able to do anything about it most likely made him hate it even more. The fact that he couldn't accept himself made me so upset.

But we were past that time now, and I loved to see his smile again.

A knock on our front door echoed throughout the cottage as I ran my fingers through my hair, staring at my reflection in the small mirror in my bedroom, and I smiled softly at the sound of Dad's voice ringing through the house. I was slightly confused. We never got visitors. I mean, Mrs Wright always dropped off a casserole or a pasta dish when she thought our chronic illness had flared up again, but that was the only time we ever had someone come to us, and she only came to us two days ago. So I couldn't really blame myself when I slowly walked down the stairs and peered into the living room curiously.

The man sitting with my dad was someone I vaguely recognised. Tall and thin, the man wore a gracious smile, and his blue eyes twinkled behind his half-moon shaped glasses as he spoke to Dad. Unintentionally staring at him, I took in the rest of his appearance. His silver hair was almost as long as his beard, which fell beyond his waist, and was adorned with a bejewelled hat on the top of his head that matched his robes. I'd never seen a stranger man.

"M-Me? Teach Defence Against the Dark Arts?"

"Precisely."

Dad stared at the man apprehensively and almost as if he was crazy. Cocking my head to the side in confusion, I stepped closer and tried to stay as quiet as I could as their conversation continued.

"Dumbledore, what if people find out what I am? No-one will want a werewolf teaching their children."

"Why not?" I blurted out, making Dad jump and turn to face me. "It's not like you'll suddenly transform during a lesson."