seven.

THE CHOSEN ONE'S CHOSEN GIRL - BOOK 1chapter seven !

chapter seven !

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

NOW that I'd met and immediately made a friend in someone my own age, it made finding classrooms far easier and much more enjoyable. We joked about our tea leaves all through the many corridors as we followed our fellow Gryffindors to try and ease the tension between everyone after Harry's Grim incident. We'd received a few small smiles and slight laughs, especially from Neville and Seamus' best friend, Dean Thomas. Ron and Harry had also emitted a few chuckles when I repeated what I had told Seamus in the lesson. The girls around us, especially Lavender and Parvati, looked absolutely scandalised that I had slotted in so perfectly after one lesson. Hermione watched me with intrigue as I made Neville laugh and smile more than a few times in our journey to Transfigurations, and I smiled widely when he quietly asked if we could sit together in the lesson. Of course, I instantly said yes. I had the feeling that whatever I was doing was bringing him out of his shell slightly as he immediately started to babble about the magical plants in Herbology when Seamus and Dean went to sit at their own table. So this was who Professor Sprout was going to pair me up with to help me in practical lessons.

The presence of Professor McGonagall made everyone go silent instantly, and I stared at her, deeply intrigued. She'd begun talking about Animagi, which were wizards who could transform into animals at will. In my attentive trance of watching her demonstrate her ability, I hadn't noticed that most of the class was still transfixed on Harry as he sat at the back of the room until Professor McGonagall had returned to human and asked the class what was wrong with them. Couldn't they just leave him alone? Hermione expertly raised her hand. She'd told the professor about our Divination lesson, and she immediately caught on with a frown. Then, as if this happened often, she asked us who was to die this year, and everyone turned their gaze upon their Head of House.

"Me," Harry announced bluntly, and she stared at him.

"I see. Then you should know, Potter, that Sybill Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school," she explained, and I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "None of them have died yet. Seeing death omens is her favourite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues--"

I smirked slightly when she cut herself off and looked down at my textbook briefly. Apparently, Dad and I were not the only ones to think the subject to be a load of rubbish, and I had to stifle my laughter at the thought. She went on to calmly rant about the subject in question before telling Harry that she wouldn't excuse him from any homework because of the omen but, if he did die, he needn't hand it in. I saw that this had eased Harry slightly as Hermione and I laughed, but I knew that not everyone seemed thoroughly convinced, especially at Lavender's apprehensive whisper about Neville's cup.