twelve.

THE CHOSEN ONE'S CHOSEN GIRL - BOOK 1chapter twelve !

chapter twelve !

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

WHILE Professor Dumbledore had made the entire school sleep in the Great Hall in case Sirius Black was still running riot around the castle, Dad had somehow managed to get him to agree for me to spend the night with him, and more if necessary. The only thing Professor Dumbledore had insisted on was a pair of security trolls that would patrol the corridor outside Dad's sleeping quarters, and Dad agreed profusely, obviously wanting to keep me safe more than anything else, before whisking me away. I threw a quick farewell to my friends and smiled up at my dad, trying to reassure him like he had done for me just ten minutes ago. I knew he was scared, scared that, somehow, Black would find us and who knew what would happen if he did?

Not even five minutes later, I was walking into Dad's bedroom in my pyjamas, running a brush through my hair with a smile, as he pottered around the bed, preparing it in the same way he had when I'd stayed with him after the hippogriff attack. Two pillows and a blanket over the duvet on my side of the bed, just how I liked it. No-one knew this because I knew that I'd get laughed at if anyone found out, but I loved spending the night with my dad. It would probably be deemed as rather odd, possibly very questionable, for a thirteen-year-old girl to be excited to sleep in the same bed as her dad, but most thirteen-year-old girls weren't close to their dads like I was with mine. Dad knew everything about me because he had been the one to raise me. He was the one to teach me how to cook and bake. He was, though it was very awkward for both of us, the one to tell me about puberty and sex and things my body would go through in my teenage years. He helped me when I first got my period and never even batted an eyelid. I often wondered how things would've turned out if Mum wasn't killed before I could form complete sentences because I knew I'd never trade my relationship with my dad for anything else.

Despite missing Dad the whole time, I had such a wonderful time in Hogsmeade. The entire day had been fantastic, Honeydukes with Neville, Dean and Seamus, drinking Butterbeer with Ron and Hermione in the Three Broomsticks and gallivanting around the village, even bumping into Fred and George in Zonko's and spending the last fifteen minutes with them practically giving me a tour of the shop like they were the ones to own it. And, especially, lusting over the beautiful blue guitar in Mr Maestro's shop. I couldn't stop thinking about it, I wanted it so much. It was a day unlike any I'd known before, and I knew I grew closer with everyone I went around the village with.

In fact, I'd managed to have a lengthy conversation with Hermione about our schoolwork over our tankers of Butterbeer while Ron was engrossed in a discussion about the sweets in Honeydukes with the other boys and, upon talking about the subject of Muggle Studies, I realised that I'd picked the wrong subject. My mind kept fluctuating when it came to Professor Trelawney. Most of the time, I thought she was a fraud because her lessons were insane. But then, she'd predict something, that would actually happen, and I'd start to believe that there was a possibility that she could possess Seer ability. Like when Lavender was told her rabbit had died on the exact day Professor Trelawney said that the thing she was dreading would happen. However, she just freaked me out for the most part. I didn't know whether it was because of what she wore or the fact that she might have announced to my whole class that I was a werewolf in our first lesson with her, but I just knew I didn't like her. She made me feel so uneasy. This was when Hermione suggested talking to Professor McGonagall about changing from Divination to Muggle Studies. I supposed it couldn't hurt to ask.