six.

THE CHOSEN ONE'S CHOSEN GIRL - BOOK 1chapter six !

chapter six !

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

WHEN the next morning came with a thin strip of sunlight in my eyes, I hadn't known what to do. There was a third voice, a third person, coming out of that necklace, a third person who was a part of my immediate family and... Dad never mentioned him? Dad always said it was just him and Mum, trying and sometimes failing to be parents with James and Lily. There was no third person mentioned at all. Why? Did something awful happen?

I heard Hermione's alarm go off as I slipped my shoes on and offered her a soft smile when she emerged from the bed, grabbing my schoolbag. After having a short conversation full of small talk, I exited the dormitory and strolled through the near-empty Common Room before making my way to the Great Hall. My mind buzzed as I walked down the stairs and through the corridors of the castle. Should I ask Dad about the third voice on the necklace? No. I couldn't. I'd just make him upset. But I did deserve to know, didn't I? Sighing, I entered the Great Hall and made my way to sit with Fred and George, seeing as they were the only people besides the girls in my dormitory I knew. No, I was not going to ask Dad about it. If he thought I needed to know, he'd tell me. Right?

"You alright, squirt?" I heard George ask as I sat next to Fred, and I blinked.

"Yeah, just didn't get much sleep. I was too excited." I said, partially lying, and both of the boys grinned.

"Ah, I remember those nights," Fred stated dreamily, and I laughed, pouring myself a goblet of pumpkin juice and a bowl of porridge.

We spoke for a while, joking and laughing, before Professor McGonagall, a very tall and stern-looking witch with a very tight black bun on the back of her head and dressed in emerald green robes, floated over to us. She passed the boys a piece of parchment paper each, giving three more to George to give to Harry, Ron and Hermione when they'd eventually come down for breakfast, and turned to face me. I smiled kindly, and the corners of her lips curled up ever so slightly, almost as if she was stopping herself from smiling too. But then, something flashed across her eyes as she stared at me and then cleared her throat, rifling through her pile.

"Miss Lupin," she stated importantly as she passed me two pieces of parchment. "Your schedule and a map of the school, should you get lost. For all of your first lessons of the subjects, I advise you to try and get there early to introduce yourself to your professors before the lesson begins. It saves time during the lesson. If you need to talk to me outside of classes, you can find me in my office on the first floor or the Transfigurations classroom. I expect your father has already told you where you can find him too."