five.

THE CHOSEN ONE'S CHOSEN GIRL - BOOK 1chapter five !

chapter five !

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

THE feast was incredible. Before we ate, Professor Dumbledore gave a few announcements about the Dementors and why they were currently stationed at Hogwarts before welcoming the new teachers to Hogwarts with a soft smile. When Dad was announced as the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, I was easily the loudest person when we all applauded, although Harry Potter, Fred and George's siblings and their friends also joined in with the loud applause. I grinned. Dad must've helped them when the Dementor boarded the train. When the applause died down, Professor Dumbledore also announced that someone called Rubeus Hagrid was to take over the Care of Magical Creatures job, which sent almost the entire Gryffindor table in uproarious applause as the largest man at the table began to turn exceptionally red and looked down at his empty plate. Joining in with the applause, I leaned over to George and asked him who exactly Hagrid was. He told me that Hagrid was the kindest person at Hogwarts and had a particular affinity for dangerous beasts but always meant no harm at all. I smiled at that and clapped harder, seeing that Harry and his friends were especially happy for the now-professor. Hagrid really looked like he deserved this.

And the food... Merlin's beard, the food was unbelievable. I liked to consider myself a decent cook at home, but that was nothing compared to this. There was so much food around me, and it didn't help that both Fred and George kept piling food onto my plate every time there was a shine of gold to it. The thought of dessert made me insanely nauseous. Until it appeared right in front of me. Fred, George and I managed to finish two rather large pumpkin pies between the three of us, complete with several scoops of vanilla ice cream. Despite my slight anger at their treatment of the blonde boy on the train, I felt so comfortable with these two. It honestly felt like I'd known them my whole life with the way I was joking and laughing with them. They told me about the pranks they had pulled over their lives. I had called them evil for turning their younger brother's, Ron, teddy bear into a giant spider when he was three years old before telling them about the time Dad had found me on top of the fridge, almost bathing in honey, after leaving me strapped in my highchair for one minute when I'd just turned two. Then, when dessert disappeared, and Professor Dumbledore had told us all to go back to our Common Rooms for bed, I quickly stood up, mumbling to the twins that I'd meet them there, and looked around for Dad, smiling when I saw him chatting to Hagrid with an unusually broad smile. I didn't want to interrupt him just yet, he looked so happy. Hogwarts was definitely his happy place. After almost everyone had left the Great Hall, Hagrid too made a move to leave, and I immediately rushed over to Dad as he faced me, his smile growing even wider, if that was possible.