5.5

"merry christmas hana!"

"merry christmas sunghoon, i'm super happy i get to spend it with you," they embraced at the front door before sunghoon dragged the girl into the living room.

"likewise, i wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else. do you wanna see your gift?"

"sunghoon, what did i tell you about gifts? you don't have to spend money on me. really, i feel bad."

"oh come on, i can't spend a little on my special girl? here, open it up." the boy gently passed her a neatly wrapped gift.

hana opened the box to see a beautiful gold charm necklace.

"i hope you like it, i thought it was cute," he confessed. "i got the idea from pinterest, you can never fail with pinterest."

"you're going to make me cry for real."

"don't cry! this present just means that we will stay together forever and ever, we'll add more charms as we go along the way."

"i can't wait to accompany you along the ride. that reminds me! my gift isn't really a gift per say, but an experience. come with me?" she stuck her hand out.

he beamed and gladly took it, following her to the driveway where she started up her car.

...

"you enjoying this?" they sped down the streets of the city, letting the breeze wash over their face. the golden light of the sunset tinted their grinning faces.

"couldn't be better than this!" the adrenaline rush they both felt together felt like an ultimate high, a experience they were glad to spend together.

the lights of the skyscrapers and tall buildings standing on either side of them lit up the sky. a feeling a comfort and familiarity engulfed the two.

sunghoon took the aux and put on their song, pinching himself to really make sure tonight was as perfect as he thought.

"hansungan sarajin neo, sa sarajin huimihan yuryeongcheoreom sa sarajin!" he cried out, grinning at the girl seated next to him.

"heogonge mutgon hae nan neohante mwogillae," the girl shouted out into the night sky.