13

"sunghoon, i was wondering have you ever dated anyone before?"

"wha-" he nervously replied.

"no nothing bad! i just noticed that you're really sweet at courting people, i thought you would've had to have at least some experience right?"

"there was a girl." he hesitantly replied.

jiwoo took his hands into hers. "tell me all about her," she offered. "if you're comfortable of course," jiwoo quickly added.

"well, there was a girl i grew up with. we're next door neighbors so it was kinda inevitable we would run into each other at some point."

the memories of hana started to trickle back in.

"we fell in love and had a good thing going, i'll admit. she didn't do anything wrong and neither did i, but we ended it because the timing just wasn't right." he looked down at his hands, nervously recalling everything that happened something months ago.

"do you still love her?"

he took a minute to think.

"she told me that people say they never forget your first love. i don't think i'll ever not love the girl. but i knew it was time to move on, i couldn't be stuck on one person forever, you know?"

jiwoo nodded in agreement, happy that he's made peace with the situation.

"and besides, i'm here with you now. my heart belongs to you."

"i'm happy to have it."