Seis

After I told Imani what happened she always found a way to steal my keys or trick me into getting into the car with her.

"Come on Hermosa, free enchiladas! Who doesn't love enchiladas?!" I squinted at her as she smiled at me before running towards the house.

I saw her holding my phone in the air as she disappeared inside of the house. I slid down in my seat as I realized I had to go inside to get it.

I was fine with being around Spooky--Oscar now. Its just the way he stares at me.

It gives me a weird feeling in my stomach.

I open the car door to another bright sun. I jog across the street and into the house. I'm greeted by a laughing Imani with a cold beer in her hand and hands around her waist.

Eric.

"Hey Hermosa, glad you decided to come in." She smiled brightly, a black curl falling in front of her eye.

"You stole another one of my belongings, gotta stop letting my guard down around you." I grabbed my phone from her hand, ignoring the burning stares I was getting from Eric.

"Estrella, you didn't introduce me to your friend."

"Estrella?" I looked at Imani. She laughed and wiped her mouth of dripping beer.

"Just a nickname."

"A stupid one at that" one of the men on the couch chimed in.

"You're the only stupid thing in here Sanchez." Imani rolled her eyes and released herself from Erics grip.

"Eric, this is Bianca, my best freind." I glared at him as he smiled mischievously at me.

"Any friend of Estrellas is a friend of mine." I looked away from him as a sign of my disinterest in the conversation.

"I'll be right back, got some shit to handle." Imani skipped off and out of the house, leaving me with her "boyfriend."

"Didn't think I'd ever see you in here again X."

"Who said you could call me that?"

He shrugged his shoulders and leaned against the counter.

"I just assumed since I've never called you Bianca and I can't call you cake anymore."

"My name is Bianca, call me Bianca." He laughed and nodded.

"Whatever you say Bianca." He rolled his tongue unnecessarily. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch.

"You can at least speak if you gone come in my house." I tilted my head back to see Oscar standing over me.

I smiled "sorry, didn't think you were here."

"What makes you think I'd let all these people in my house and I'm not here?"

"Because that's how it used to be-"

"Shits changed Hermosa." My arms tingled at the way that sounded from his lips.

He walked around the couch and sat down softly next to me.

I looked around, avoiding looking at him.

"You know what? Its crazy how many times I've been in here and I've never really talked to you." He nodded his head in agreement.

"You didn't need to. Bruiser was the only reason you had to be in here."

I nodded in agreement.

We sat silently, like we used to. Like we were waiting for my brother to come back from whatever Oscar had sent him to do. Me being his excuse for why he couldn't have been up to no good.

I loved my brother I did whatever it took to keep him safe even if it was probably not the thing I should've been keeping him safe from.

He protected me more than I could protect him but he did what he needed to help me and mamá.

"Aye," I snapped out of my thoughts and my head whipped over to look at Oscar.

A smile played on his lips. "What you thinkin' so hard about?" I shrugged.

He nodded and cleared his throat.

"You gotta go, Imani and Toro are coming back soon so you need to be gone." I stood up.

"Hey" he looked down at me patiently waiting for what I had to say.

"What is Imani doing that i can't know about?"

He moved past me and out the door. I followed swiftly behind him. "So you're just not gonna answer me?" He put a cigarette between his lips and lit it.

"If she ain't tell you she obviously doesn't want you to know." He blew smoke into the air, never looking down at me.

"Ok Oscar. Bye." He continued to smoke his cigarette as I walked off towards my car. I felt him watching my every step i took towards my car.

I got in and put the keys into the ignition.

Too much shit going on in freeridge.