Nueve

"You told me you'd stop! You promised you wouldn't involve the people around me in your bullshit!"

"You left Bianca! You didn't have anybody around you that was still here! You were gone and people move on, shit happens." He walked towards the back and I followed him. We'd been arguing for an hour and im pretty sure we were pretty entertaining to the neighbors.

"Dont you walk away from me Spooky." I was fuming and he was just trying to justify what he was doing.

"You need to stop thinking the whole fuckin' world is yours Bianca. This shit is hard and people have to do what they need to. Imani chose and you don't know how hard it i-"

"Dont you ever! Tell me what hard is." His shoulders relaxed and he rubbed his eyebrows.

"Listen. Imani made her choice. She's good at what she does. If she wants to stop, she would've told me. You can't judge her off of what she does for her and her family. Especially when you didn't judge your own." I stared up at him his whole demener had softened.

"Thats exactly the problem. I didn't do what I'm trying to do now."

"Bian-"

"Yo Spooky! Xay got hit! We gotta go!" He looked down at me before jogging past me and out the door.

I took a deep breath.

"Bianca, stay here" I looked back at Toro who was breathing heavy. "Spooky said so."

With that he ran out of the door and I heard two cars skid off down the street.

I sat on the couch and continued to think about what happened.

I jumped when I heard someone behind me.

"Sorry." Mia pouted guiltily.

I smiled slightly and she continued to creep out of the house.

"What a mess."

I took my phone out of my back pocket and texted Imani that I was sorry. I told her that I shouldn't have been so worried I just wanted her to be safe.

I wouldve called but I wasn't sure if I was in the best state to talk some more. I'll properly apologize tomorrow.

...

After I had apologized to Imani she was completely fine, she said there really was no reason to apologize and that I was right. But she was going to continue to do what she did and I had no choice but to just accept that.

I guess all I can do now is make sure she doesn't get hurt.

But not now because I have work.

I parked crooked and hopped out of the car. I jogged inside to see every table full.

"Yo where the fuck have you been, Benny has been callin' you." I reached for my phone and tried to turn it on but realized it had died.

"Shit, sorry."

Mia placed down her plates at the table and looked back at me. "Dont apologize just get moving chica."

I started taking orders and passing around peoples orders. It was like an obstival course all day, avoiding old people and babies who weren't being watched, handling customers who mightve gotten too drunk, etcetera.

Id never worked out harder than I did today and I was positive that by the time I was finished my arms would be noodles and same goes for my legs.

The bell chimed signaling another group of people just entered.

"Hi welcome to Benny's Tacos, we'll be with you in a moment!" Me, Mia, and Luciano said in unison.

I glanced up at the door and almost dropped my tray of drinks.

Why does he decide of all days to come eat here?

Eric, Oscar, Toro, Blaze, and three others I didn't recognize.

Mia went over to them with the biggest smile on her face. Then I remembered the terms they were on yesterday.

I relaxed for a minute, maybe he just came to see her.

"Spooky wants you." I looked at Mia who clearly looked upset. I sighed and prepared myself to take their orders. Nothing else.

After yesterday I don't plan on being buddy buddy with Oscar.

"Ok is there I anything I can get you started with. Drinks?" I avoided looking into the corner whee Oscar sat.

I took their enormous order and glanced over at Oscar. He just chuckled at looked away.

"Whatever" I said under my breath.

They stayed the rest of the opening time. No one bothered to go over there and tell them they couldn't stay that long unless they wanted more food.

"Bye L, bye yanca." Mia smiled before exiting the now closed restaurant.

We stayed open later than usual. Much later considering it was dark outside.

The bell rang indicating someone leaving our coming in.

"Bianca." I ignored Oscar and continued cleaning.

He sat down and let me finish doing my job.

Knowing that I worked a little slower.