Dieciséis

I laid underneath Oscar, one arm under me and the other holding me close to him. It was still dark probably midnight or later.

I looked up at him. He looked so soft when he was sleeping. Soft cheeks, soft lips, soft eyelashes. He looked so perfect and peaceful.

I put my finger between his eyebrows and ran my finger down the bridge of his nose.

"What are you doing Bianca." He grunted, his eyes still closed.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you." I took my hand away from his face.

"Im always awake so don't apologize." He pulled me in tighter and nuzzled closer to me.

"Oscar." He hummed in response, his hands twitching at the sound of my voice. "What are we?" I didn't look up at him when I said that. I was too afraid he'd open his eyes and look at me with an answer.

"What do you mean Bianca?" He rolled over onto his back, taking me with him. My hair fell over my shoulder as I sat up, grazing the side of his face. My elbows in his chest.

"Like are we together or is this just.." I hesitated with my words because I had an idea of what he was going to say and I wasn't sure i wanted to really hear it "or am I just for fun." I looked up at him to see him looking right at me.

He looked upset.

"What kind of person do you think I am Bianca. What kind of person do you think I am around you huh?" I was taken back by the aggression or passion in his voice.

"I don't know.. you just..I know you sleep with a lot of women and you never claim or stay with any of them longer than two weeks." He rubbed his eyes with his thumbs and sat up.

I adjusted in his lap, his hands rested on my hips. "Bianca. Look at me." He held my chin and made me look at him.

I'm not the type of person to hold my head down or be ashamed but I don't know how to feel around Oscar. He made me feel so many things it made my stomach hurt and my head spin.

"I've never wanted to be with anybody more in my life than I want to be with you." He looked so serious i had no choice but to believe him.

I laid down on his chest and tucked my hair behind my ear.

He brushed his hand across my head and ran his fingers through my hair.

I fell back asleep knowing exactly how he felt about me.

...

I talked to my mom after work. She told me she was going to come soon and that'd id only be another month before we could be together again.

But I don't want them to come.

Not because I don't miss them but because my house just got broken into and people are looking for me. If my family is here then what if something happened to them because of me. I couldn't live with that.

I never told my mamá about the break in and whats been going on. I just tell her school is good and work is good. She makes sure I'm eating everyday and I never told her Oscar has been the one cooking for me every other day.

I miss Oscar.

"Papi." I playfully called to Oscar.

"What?" He looked up at me knowing what I was doing.

"C'mere." He sighed and walked into the kitchen. He stood in between my legs and put his hands on the counter.

"Bianca."

"Oscar." He smiled at me and let his head down.

I put my hands on his cheeks and held his head up. He smirked at me and I looked into his eyes seductively.

"I know what you're doing yanca." I smiled and pecked his lips.

"What I'm just hungry. Want you to make me...carnitas!" He chuckled and I smiled at him.

"I can't make those from air and you'll have to eat them tomorrow. I smiled at him.

"Thats what the grocery store is for and I know." He sighed and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Thank you papo." He kissed my crown and rubbed my back.

"You're so spoiled." I chuckled and looked up at him.

"But its ok because I'm only spolied when it comes to you." He rolled his eyes and picked me up off of the counter.

"What are you doing." I smiled at him as he carried me into my room.

"You can't be the only one eating mamas."

...

"Fuuck man. I haven't been this high in I don't know how long." Imani and Thalia laughed at me and I smiled as I passed them the blunt we were sharing.

"I can't see shit through this smoke."

"Yea open a window."

Me and Thalia both looked around for one.

"I don't think there is one in here." We all laughed and I leaned over onto Thalia's lap.

"This is the most comfortable floor I've ever been on." Thalia petted the tile of my bathroom making me laugh.

"Stop petting the floor Thali." She looked down at me and smiled.

"You got fucked before we came over didn't you." I tried not to smile but I couldn't stop.

"I bet his dicks big. Its big isn't it." I nodded making Thalia cheer.

"I don't want to hear about my cousins dick."

Thalia laughed and I rolled over into her stomach.

"You're so waarrm." She petted my head and smiled.

"You're just like-" we were interrupted by the sound of a door opening.

"Bianca!" I jumped up and left out of the bathroom.

Thalia and Imani followed behind me.

"Hey papo." I reached up for a kiss. He ignored my request and looked down at me.

"Are you high?" I looked back at Imani and Thalia and started laughing.

Oscar chuckled and shook his head.

"You look stupid B." I smiled up at him and he leaned down to kiss me.

"Ok Bianca. Get that spooky dick." Thalia and I laughed and Imani and Oscar just shook their heads.

"Are you hungry?" Oscar looked down at me and I looked back at them.

We all looked back at Oscar.

"Duh."