Dos

"Mamá, ¿cuánto tiempo más tengo que estar aquí sola?" I whined into the phone and plopped down onto my bed. "Sólo un poco más mija, protago, estaremos allí el mes que viene." I sighed and bit my nail. "Dile a papá que dije que lo amo a él y a Luis." she laughed a bit before telling me she loves me once more and hanging up. 

I looked down at my phone and saw the time. "Shit." I jumped up and grabbed my backpack. "Im going to be late on the first day, that doesn't even make sense." I mumbled to myself as I locked the door and began to run down the street. 

I did track the last two years so at least I was in shape to run. 

When I got there the late bell rung immediately. 

...

I sat in first period trying to take as many notes as possible. Mr. Caltido talked so fast and didn't slow for anybody. "Hey, nueva chica" i turned my head quickly to look at who was talking to me before quickly turning back at my paper to finish my notes. I hummed at her and she giggled. "Damn you write fast and it still looks nice," i felt her eyes on me "do you mind if i borrow your notes after class?" i shook my head and looked at her. "Youre the best, thanks." i nodded and went back to my work. 

I knew who she was, i knew who everybody was. They are all the same since three years ago. 

...

"Hey chica!" i stopped halfway down the steps and turned around. She ran towards me with a big smile and slowed to a stop in front of me. "Your awesome notes." she handed me back my black and white stripped notebook and and cleared her throat. 

"Im Imani" I smiled and flipped my hair to the side as we walked together. "I'm Bianca.." she smiled and tilted her head a little. "I knew a girl names Bianca but she moved years ago. You kinda look like her just a lot prettier." I nodded and kinda acted like I didnt know.

"Wait a minute--" she stopped walking and I turned to look at her. "Oh my god" she covered her face and laughed, catching back up with me. "Lo siento mucho, no lo sabía!" I shook my head.

"its cool..I changed a lot since then." she shook her head as we continued to walk. "You just...best glow-up ever. Like you got thiccc and gorgeous" I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Oh shit, what about Giana and her hoe-- 'friends' " I shrugged "it doesnt matter, they dont gotta figure out it's me." she raised her eyebrow "chica, your name didnt change just your appearance." shes right. If they do remember me and they figure out my name then the bullying could get worse because I'm a lot prettier than her now.

"I'll protect you chica" she smiled and I smiled back at her. "I wont need to be protected, it wont come to a fight. I'll stand up for myself" she nodded and skipped along beside me.

I laughed to myself catching her attention. "what's so funny?" I shook my head "you're the same." she tilted her head. "You are still so lively" she smiled "and you're still so nice" I giggled. "not really, you just didnt give me attitude" she nodded. "I guess you did change in more than one way."

...

I scrolled through instagram as I ate my pizza.  I jumped when a loud banging was coming from my door. I sighed and got up.

I opened the door and was greeted by an excited Imani. "Party time baby" I raised my eyebrow "no ma'am" she pulled me out of the house. "Imani, I'm in my sweatpants" she turned and looked me up and down. "you look fine to me" I was wearing sweatpants, a white tube top and, black slides with socks.

"I dont wanna party, I wanna eat my pizza and go to sleep." she shrugged "You can meet my cousin" I raised my eyebrow. "..re-meet my cousin" I chuckled slightly. "Who's your cousin?" I walked next to her and she smirked.

"You'll see."