Uno

I finished unpacking the rest of whatever I had brought back with me from Mexico. I slumped down onto my clover green sheets and cuddled up to my pillow. I sighed and closed my eyes. Thinking about going back to high school wasn't fun, I never liked anybody there and nobody ever liked me. I was weird then, I was incredibly flat chested, I had puffy hair and acne covering every inch of my body. If anybody saw me today, they'd think I was lying if I told them who I was.

I got up, feeling the hunger of not eating since early that morning, start to kick in. I walked through the pale pink hall and towards the small kitchen.

"Shit" I sighed and closed the fridge. I'd been eating tacos from the restaurant down the street for the past two days, I'd even applied to be a waitress. I cant wait till mamá gets here. "Might as well go" I grabbed my keys to my black camero and walked into the bright outside. The Sun was shining down and my tan skin was soaking up all of it. I was wearing a white, sleeveless tube top and gray biker spandex shorts, paired with white airforces and hoops.

As I was walking to my car, a familiar car came down the street. I didn't stop to stare but I can't say it didn't catch my eye. I couldn't remember who's car it was though..forget it.

I drove down the street, nothing but the soft hum of the car radio in the background. I glanced around the neighborhood as I passed though, hoping to see my old house.

I smiled when the light colored home appeared into view, that place was full of bad and good memories. Nothing that I wished I could forget though. Lo bueno viene con lo malo, si no puedes aceptar uno; no puedes tener el otro. That's the philosophy I lived by.

I pulled up to the restaurant the name 'bennys tacos' written in big letters above the door.  "Hola" I smiled as I walk in and waved at the waitress. "Hola! Benny is in the back!" She smiled at me before walking off towards the kitchen. I walked through the restaurant, watching as waitresses rushed in and out of the kitchen.

I knocked on the door that had a metal plate 'Benny' was written in bold letters on it. "Come in!" I opened the door slowly, reaching my head in before I stepped in. "Hey, I'm Bianca, I applied awhile two days ago wanted to check on I-" "you're hired" he looked up.

His eyes were a beautiful blue, his skin was beautifully tan and he had a scruffy stubble across his face. His brown hair was shaggy and looked like he just woke up from a nap. "Oh ok, you didn't want to...thanks" I smiled awkwardly before closing the door and leaving.

I wasn't going to ruin my chance at the job by talking too much.

I walked out of the restaurant and rode back home, my hunger I was feeling earlier, was gone. I drove down the street, it was quiet.

I pulled up to my house and got out, feeling happy all of a sudden. I jogged up to my front door and was in the process of unlocking the door. I walked in and threw my keys on the couch.

I pushed the fallen strands from my face and stopped in my tracks when I realized my entire goal of leaving. I walked back into the living room, grabbed my keys, got back in my car, and left to get my junk food nutrition. Might as well just go shopping.

...

I got out of the car and took a deep breath. I opened the back door and grabbed two of the heaviest bags. "Time for a workout." I jogged as I carried them back inside. I sat them on my counter and walked back outside.

The heat was definitely helping my workout.

I carried the last of the bags into the house and closes the door with my foot.

"Time to eat..." I looked at the groceries and decided to make tacos because...tacos.