chapter # 8

Aslam o alaikum guys

As Arhaan entered his room, he saw Aaira standing by the window, her hair were swaying with the cold air. Although she was wearing warm clothes but still Arhaan was worried about her health.

He with steady steps walked ahead and stood beside her.

"It's cold, you shouldn't stand here" He spoke to which Aaira blinked and looked at him, but as she was about to avert her gaze, she saw a brown big mark on his cheek.

"What is this?" Aaira worriedly asked as she touched his skin lightly, taking care not to hurt his cheek. Arhaan's heart skipped a beat as today he saw his wife in a new way.

"Nothing I just got into fight" He spoke.

Arhaan softly grabbed her hand and stepped closer but Aaira took a step backwards and pulled out her hand out of his grasp, which left him dejected, as his hope once again ended up being a stupid thought.

Why do I go close to her when I know she will never come to me?

Aaira for the first time didn't want to go away from him but she did what was best for them. Although it disappointed her more to step backwards from Arhaan and she was unable to understand her situation.

"I wanted to say thanks for saving me" He said after a while as he also stepped back. She once again glanced at him but this time Arhaan turned around to go.

"I did that because you also saved me and I didn't want to owe you anything.... " She replied as her eyes glistened because she knew that now it was not debt, it was care that she did for Arhaan.

He wasn't surprised at her answer because he knew that she hated him so doing something for him out of love or even care wasn't something he was expecting from his wife.

He didn't say anything and walked out of the room.

Aaira gulped the lump in her throat and again stood by the window.

*******

Arhaan checked his mother, she was sleeping and he was somehow relieved to see her resting. He also made her eat her dinner, now he was heading towards his room to sleep because today he was exhausted.

He dropped himself on the couch as he entered and slept because he was really tired. Aaira came out from the washroom and saw her husband sleeping while sitting....

She faintly smiled as she neared him and slowly moved his legs on the couch and head on the cushion so now he was laying down. Then she put comforter on him so that he wouldn't catch cold.

She heaved as Arhaan was so heavy, Aaira smiled as she remembered how he was always punctual for his gym routine. He always treated her like a best friend and queen when they were engaged but she always refused to see his positive side because she couldn't love two men in one time. So she betrayed him and played with his feelings while saving all her love and loyalty for Nouman.

You deserve someone better, I wish I could have done some good things to you, I wish I wasn't the reason of your destruction and downfall.....

Aaira thought as she stared at Arhaan's face....

How much he had gone through pain just because of me.... How should I compensate for my mistakes???

This question was confusing her more because she had no way of repenting for her grave mistakes.

**********

Next day Arhaan woke up and saw a comforter on himself and he was properly laying on the couch, because he clearly remembered that he sat and went into deep slumber. He momentarily looked at Aaira's sleeping figure and frowned.