chapter #13

Aslam o alaikum guys

He stood up from his chair quietly and made his way out of his office, his eyes went wide when he saw Aaira coming, She halted but again her steps fastened as she looked at him and ran towards him, the next thing he knew that she tightly embraced him in her arms, he didn't hug her back as he was still unable to understand anything.

Why are so careless Arhaan?" Aaira said as she broke the hug, she had tears in her eyes but he didn't say anything, only was looking at the warm eyes of his wife.

Are these tears  even real or is this a new game Aaira? Does Loving me really a difficult thing?

"Aunty and I were calling you but your phone was switched off , we both were scared as hell... I then called in your company they said that you left with Sajjad, I asked for his number and called him, he told me that you are here doing some office work" Aaira was so much tensed that she didn't notice pain in Arhaan's eyes.

"Who in their right mind does work at this hour.... Thanks to Allah that you are fine and nothing has happened to you, otherwise I thought that God forbid....

She paused, she didn't want to complete her sentence.

"God forbid?" He asked in hoarse voice, again she hugged him, Arhaan closed his eyes as he kept his hand on her back.

I still love you... Why hating you is difficult thing for me?

"I don't want to lose you Arhaan... Not this time" She sobbed, Arhaan's eyes glistened, he wanted to believe her but something was holding him back from being a happiest man alive.

But last time you were celebrating our break up.... And I know once Nouman comes again in your life you won't even glance at my direction and would run to him...

"I met Nouman today" He lied, he didn't know why he did that, the lie came out so suddenly that he himself didn't have the chance to take back his words, he felt her stiffening,  all blood drained from Aaira's face.  She was astonished to hear his words and she stilled, her torn expressions turned into bitter ones, she out of fear tightly grasped Arhaan's shirt

What if Nouman told Arhaan about my past mistakes?

Does he know that I helped Nouman in slandering him?

There was not a ounce of happiness in her heart after listening Nouman's name but there was this restlessness that was suffocating her, she never thought that a person she loved most would be her greatest regret.

She slowly pulled away and looked into Arhaan's gloomy eyes, which were also glistening with sorrow and desolation.

"He was apologizing for leaving you alone and wants to come back in your life" Arhaan continued while he gulped, his own words were venomous to his tongue but he wanted to hear the truth from her mouth and also wanted see if she was still interested in Nouman or not.

Of course she still loves him... Why would she love me?..

Aaira was unable to say anything so she remained quiet.

Does Nouman really want to come back to me? But why? I will never go back to him, I don't hate him but there is no love in my heart for him...

I have gone too far in relationship with Arhaan that if I go away from him, it will shatter me completely... I can't leave Arhaan..

"Aaira your family forced you to marry me then because of my accident you were forced to live with me but I don't want to torment you anymore, if you want to go back to him then you must.... I won't come in between you both... You shouldn't sacrifice your happiness because of me or any other person"  Arhaan again spoke, he fisted his hands as a lone tear escaped from both of their eyes at the same time. Aaira was surprised after hearing him.