5.

Jungkook's POV

I am waiting for Jin right now. For some reason I am really nervous. It's not even a date.
Oh there he is.

"Hey" I waved at him.

God! He looks like a full course meal. Eeww, why am I having such inappropriate thoughts. Stop thinking about weird things you idiot.

"Were you waiting for long?" Jin as usual enquired.

"No no, I can wait for you forever." shit! Why did I say that?

Jin looked at me with his brows raised. Somebody please kill me.
But suddenly he started laughing.

"Seriously JK, how come you can flirt with such ease."

Seeing him smile I finally let out my breath that I was unconsciously holding

Seeing him smile I finally let out my breath that I was unconsciously holding. I am less embarassed now. His melodious laughter ringing in my ears. Seriously though, this man is so perfect. From head to toe. Not only he looks stunningly handsome, he also has this big heart. How can someone be so flawless. But I have seen a hurt in his eyes. I really want to know what pain this perfect man is hiding behind that beautiful smile. I want to erase all of his pain.
I actually had a plan today. I wanted to know about him as much as I can but instead do you know what I did? I started talking about Machine Learning.

"Do you know? Machine Learning is the next big thing. You can get offered a lot in this field. "
What was I even saying? I guess my nerve got the best of me.
Jin was silent most of the time, nodding his head to whatever I said. I am sure he hated it. I could literally see him getting bored. God I blew my chance isn't it?

******
Jin's POV

After the walk with Jungkook I came back to my dorm.

"So? How was the date? " Suga asked.

"Oh come on, it was not a date" I replied. Clearly it was not a date or was it?

"So what did you two talk about?" A curious Suga asked.

"We talked about Machine Learning."

"Heeee?????" Suga's expression was priceless. He is so cute. " Well I should have known. What was I even expecting from that dork anyway."

Well I couldn't argue with Suga. He is right though. Jungkook is actually a dork. But that is one of the reasons I actually hang out with him. I somehow feel safe around Jungkook.
Today, I was actually a bit nervous. It was only a walk but somehow it felt like a date. Thank god he was talking the whole time because my tongue was not cooperating.

Yesterday when he suddenly proposed for a walk, honestly I was taken aback a little. I don't know but it felt like he is asking for a date. And dating is the last thing I wanna do at this point.

" Oh come on Jin, it's just a walk. He won't eat you alive you know" Suga said.

"But I am nervous. You know I don't go for walks with anyone except you and Jimin" I would protest.

" Listen to me Jin, you need to give him a chance to be your friend you know? You literally have only two friends. It won't harm anyone to make it three."

Well Suga was right. So even though I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I went for that walk.

******

" I am scared JK." Hoseok finally decided to talk to Jungkook.

"Why?" Jungkook asked.

" I have seen how devastated you were when Lisa broke up with you. And I have seen how you grin from ear to ear while talking to Jin. I don't want you to get hurt again you know?"

Hoseok's words were piercing his heart,

"Does Jin even like you? Or is he just passing his time with you?"

Hoseok's statement made Jungkook think a lot. That night he couldn't sleep. He kept on thinking if Jin actually likes him. He knew Jin has a crush on Teahyung. But then he don't even want Jin to like him as a lover. He is happy with being his friend. But does Jin consider him a friend? He could not find an answer.

******

Jungkook wanted an opportunity to find out if Jin thinks of him as a friend or not.
The opportunity came in the disguise of a project. A compulsory project was announced which has to have interdisciplinary students. Jungkook thought, this is one way to find out. He would ask Jin to join his team. If he accepts that means he value Jungkook and thinks of him as a friend but if he declines, Jungkook will just back out from Jin's life.
Honestly, If you ask me, this was the lamest way to find out about someone's feelings.

JK: hey, do u want to join my team?

Jin: ya sure. Why not.

Jungkook was on cloud 9.

But the next day, Jin's text almost shattered Jungkook's world.

Jin: hey, sorry. But I can't be a part of ur team. Taehyung asked and I couldn't say no.

******

Jin's POV

Oh my god! Taehyung is walking towards me.
"Hi Jin"

"Hello" I gulped.

"Umm, I was just wondering if you will join our team for the interdisciplinary project?"

Wait what? Teahyung wants me in his team. Really? Doing a project together means spending more time together. I can't believe my ears right now. God my heart. Calm down Jin for God sake, calm down. Act normal.

"Ofcourse sure." I replied trying to maintain my calm as much as possible, holding my breath.

" Cool. I will see you around then. Bye."

After Taehyung left my heart finally calmed down. Why do you beat so much? Idiot.
But it was only after few minutes that a realisation dawned on me, I fucked up. I promised JK to be his teammate. And I also said yes to Taehyung. What do I do now? This is so unprofessional. But then there are so many other students sure Jungkook can always find others right?

******

******
Thoughts?