Ch.4

It's been a few days since then, we finally took of my bandages and hey, as William said, the wounds on my leg looked better now and I could walk around much easily too, I felt really happy but of course, the scars on my wrists weren't getting any better. 'Well, I brought this upon myself' I thought on my own. William let me stay without the bandages for a while but told me we'd do it all over again once he gets home. I nodded as he left.

The last few days didn't change much. Well, of course, I didn't have to stay in a run down pizzeria and William's bed was much more comfortable then hospital bed and things have been calmer around here than at home despite William's past. But I meant is in what happened in this house, I just spent my days eating and sitting down as I shouldn't have moved too much as William said and he did daily stuff, leaving the house for a while everyday then coming back. That was the routine now.

I sat back on the couch and turned on the news to see what's been happening outside too. A fire broke out and they were taking care of it right now apparently. Then the news changed to the 'missing person (y/n) (l/n) still couldn't have been found.' It meant I was hiding well, which was great and well, expected. But the screen changed it to my family and friends, they all seemed so worried and were crying. I felt my whole body hurt as the guilt filled it up.

I caused this... But... I just couldn't go back. I'm REALLY sorry but... I just can't go back. That's not how I wanna spend it, I'm sorry everyone.

I spent the rest of the day changing the channels, trying to find out what I like, which I ended up at news towards the evening because there were nothing else I enjoyed anymore. Since the evening news often repeat the day news, they were showing news about me again.

"I'm back." William said as I heard him opening the door. I quickly turned off the tv to hide news about me because he didn't know anything about this and he'd be sure to send me back if he knew so I couldn't let him know.

"Welcome back." I said in a mundane tone as I collect my cool back together.

He went upstairs and came back with a medkit after changing his clothes too; just as he said, we wrapped my limbs up again and he gave me a painkiller in case it hurt too much because "Although they healed some what, they might hurt even more now." He told me.

I nodded and took the bottle, then actually got up to hug him as a 'thank you'. He was surprised of course, he turned and asked me.
"What are you doing?"

I stepped back and turned down my head to my right. "It was a thank you hug. Sorry, that's just how I usually show my appreciation... but sorry it was probably weird coming from someone you had know for about a week."

But as I said that William pulled me back into a hug, this time surprising me instead. "No, no, it's fine. Thank you instead. I just wasn't expecting it." He gave out a sigh, 'it's been so long since someone showed any kind of affection to me and so suddenly. It still...doesn't mean I didn't deserve it but I missed something like this...having some by my side.' He thought as he looked down in his arms who was shorter than him by a few inches.

"Yeah, I thought so." I whispered but loud enough to be heard. And for the latter, everything went down like another typical day.