3

She was a hundred percent right.

It was a month after her first encounter with Director Fury and she could say that stalkers were not her best friends. The day after her meeting with Fury, she could feel the stares given to her by several figures hiding in the dark as well as the ones pretending to be normal civilians. She would roll her eyes and moving on with her life, as long as they did not jump on her, she could care less. Nothing was worth observing anyway. But it did not mean she would just brush it off. No. She gave them several gifts of course, she was not one to accept gifts for granted. One day, she would boil or freeze their blood. Another day, she would drench them by a mini tsunami. Because of their sacrifices, her control over water increased dramatically to say the least.

But it lasted for a month and she was frustrated. They were observing and stalking her every single day for a whole month. She wanted to just mist travel, but every corner, either there was a person observing her, or a camera, so she could not just disappear. She did that the first time they met her, but she could swear they would not notice because they were in too much pain. But she was not one to give in as she was too resilient for her own good. You're on.

A whole month had passed. Neither side gave in. The Avengers were still stalking her like some crazed paparazzies and she was still too stubborn to just walk up to them to ask what it was they wanted with her. Now, it was just a competition about which side was more determined.

Today was Saturday, her lazy day. She never stepped outside her apartment on Saturday, so she was once again, in her bathtub filled with warm water (not that it mattered for she could not feel it), reading a book. She did have dyslexia, but after the war with Gaea, she was blessed by Athena, so now her dyslexia were gone.

Two whole months without monsters and wars, how peaceful.

Tsk. Jinxed.

Let's see, what will come?

Just as she thought that, someone appeared in front of her. She mentally thanked other entities out there that she never took her pajamas off because it would be awkward if the intruders noticed that she was naked. She did not lift up her head though as she just waved her hand around, creating a defensive protection around her with the water. Her eyes still moving across her book, her mind imagining the actions. It was her lazy day, intruders could wait. No one made any sound other than the swiping books she made every so often. One hour changed to two hours and Persephone Jackson was still reading. Occasionally, she would move her hand to bring her wine bottle for her to drink, but never did she move her eyes from the whole bunch of small letters.

It was her constant routine for her lazy day. Waking up on Saturday, eat her breakfast, move to her bathroom, filled her bathtub with water, grab a book or two and a wine bottle, enjoy her rest, eat dinner, go back to sleep. No intruders were welcomed, and if people were to appear, they could wait. They came to her, they should be able to wait a few hours.

Another half an hour had passed and Persephone had just finally finished her book. She was about to grab another book when she remembered that someone was in her bathroom with her. She twirled her hand around and a small hole appeared in her protection water ball, enough for her to see who was the intruder. Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts. Well, dam. Her father had visited her. What with people suddenly appeared before her? What did the almighty God of the Seas want with his forgotten daughter? Did he come just to mock her or make her go to another war suitable for a pawn that she was? A shield meat to sacrifice in a war.

For the first time in her two months living with mortals, she hoped that the freaky superheroes-paparazzies just to appear. She did not want to have a talk with her father, not after he disowned her for things she certainly did not do or even knew what they were. She contemplated whether to just brush things off and continued her reading or should she just acknowledge her father so that he could just go away back to where he came from. Being a mature person that she certainly was not, she chose the latter.