8

Persephone Jackson knew that her mental state was unstable ever since the war with Gaea. Who would be fine after everything that she had been through? No one would still be sane. It had been a few days after her incident with HYDRA. She decided to postpone calling her little broth. She did not know what she would if he decided to hate her too. He was her last hope, her last lifeline. The light to her darkness. If he were to hate her, she probably would never be her again.

So, she rested. She rested as well as preparing her heart to be met with the worst-case scenario. Truth be told, Persephone Jackson was scared. It was only an excuse to postpone calling her dear brother. Her demon was too dark for her to actually hope for the best scenario. But then again, who would be able to stay optimist in her shoes?

Right about now, she was in her favorite place throughout everything in her little apartment, her bathtub. Filled with warm water with rose petals as she laid there, sleeping. She did not know since when, but when she slept on her bathtub with warm water and rose petals, she would have a peaceful dreamless well-deserved rest. Not that she slept there every time, just after exhausting days or when she was woken up rudely by her nightmares. Her sleep was interrupted as someone rang the doorbell. Seriously, I'd better rip that curse bell off after this.

With a groan, she walked out of her bathtub before trudging away to open whoever lunatic was on the other side of her door. She definitely did learn her lesson after yesterday experience so she manipulated the water molecule to make her invisible. Scaring strangers and making them believed that the door opened itself was too amusing to pass. Besides, Perci did not know whether they were a friend or a foe and whether they would attack immediately or talking like normal human beings would.

As she was sure she had turned invisible, she crept behind the door and opened it slightly, before dragging it open, making it seemed like the door opened itself. She could hear several other voices arguing and complaining as well as squealing.

"D – Did that...?"

"The door...?"

"What-?"

She crept behind her door to find herself before her most famous stalkers. The Avengers. She chuckled softly, scaring her guests even more. She coughed, stopping herself before making herself visible.

"Hello," She grinned. She saw half of them visibly letting their guards down as they slumped down. She laughed softly now. The grown men and woman groaning and complaining because they thought that the door opened itself. "Want to come in?"

"Your house... isn't haunted, is it?" The metal suit man asked, visibly shuddering, probably thinking that ghosts were real and that the ones who opened the door were ghosts.

"Maybe, maybe not." She smirked.

"Well, I'm going in." The only woman huffed as she said, standing up, followed by the one who brought out a bow and arrows. Perci opened the door a little bit bigger, letting them in.

"So? You guys coming?"

Several 'Yes's were heard as she turned around to come inside her small apartment. Truth be told, she hated her apartment. It was the last place she would visit if she had a choice. Her apartment always brought her some bad memories. The day her mom brought home a drunk abuser named Gabe was one of those which she could not help but to think it over and it caused her migraine like no other. The day Gabe decided that it was a good day to kill her wife was also happened in that particular apartment. She shook her head as she remembered those bad memories she buried in the deepest part of her mind.

She sighed a breath before looking towards her guests. Some of them already made themselves at home like they owned the place. Some were even already roaming around her kitchen to look for some snacks, while the most normal one (read: the woman and her sidekick) were politely sitting in one of her couches.