7

Once again, it seemed like The Fates really loved messing with her life. One second, she was sitting comfortably on her bed, preparing her heart to call her baby brother. Another second, someone rang her doorbell, and she, who was feeling too rushed to call her brother, ended up opening it without a security measure. The last thing she knew was that someone with a gasmask throwing some kind of mini grenade on her. Knocking her up.

She groaned, forgetting the fact that she had been kidnapped, the third time. She did not even notice the fact that her body was strapped in a metal chair with big and heavy chain around her. A little fortunate for her, she was not blindfolded as well as gagged. That would be nasty. Blinking to adjust her eyes to the brightness on the room, she found out that she was in some kind of a laboratory. With several machines propped against her. She also noticed several empty syringes. Was she drugged? Well, dam.

As she was busy looking around, she was late to notice several armed men guarding a middle-aged woman in a lab coat seeming to be a doctor or a scientist. Once she noticed them, she nodded at them as greeting. What? She wanted to be polite.

"How are you feeling?"

"Trapped."

"Well, don't you be smart with me, young lady." The lady frowned.

"Where are we, anyway?" Persephone knew that she was pushing her luck. She might be an immortal demigod, but bullet wounds still hurt like a bitch. Not only that, she found out that her senses were dulled. Must be the drugs.

"HYDRA." She beamed, looking very proud.

"Where is the Hydra?" The young girl looked around, alarmed. If the Hydra were to jump on her while she was trapped, she would die. Definitely.

"This organization is Hydra. What do you mean where is the Hydra?"

"Oh." Perci sighed out a relief. If she were to just escape from this place, it would be easy. Or at least that was what she thought. "By the way, why did you kidnap me?"

"We know that The Avengers were after you."

"...And?"

"So, you must be somewhat special." The scientist said in a 'Duh' tone.

"Am I, then?" She asked, gesturing to the empty syringes. The lady tsk-ed before grumbling about something that sounded like 'You are nothing special." Ouch.

Persephone Jackson watched and observed as the scientist grabbing some blue-green kind of liquid before glancing back at her with a very dangerous glint in her eyes. She would know because that glint was used to be in her ex-step father's eyes before he abused her. What a psychopath. Not that the girl could do anything. She was trapped and chained. She was just woken up and her energy had not come back to her yet.

After a few hours of her being injected by a lot of different colors of liquids, she was blindfolded before being shoved into what seemed to be a prison cell. Her hands were still chained but at least she could move around now as they did not tie her up to a chair. She listened as footsteps walked farther and farther from her current location and deemed it safe to remove her blindfold. She looked towards her hand before freezing the chains and thwacked it against the bed. It broke.

Ew. The room was dark, moldy, and overall disgusting. She swore she could see a trace of blood or puke on the far corner of the room. She shook her head a little to get herself together. She needed to quickly escape from that Gods forsaken place. The faster, the better. She walked closer to the door which actually some metal bars being put together, just like a normal prison. She glanced left and right and noticed that there were only two guards outside her cell. She was also the only one there. She nodded, her mind already finishing a plan as she sat at the bed provided there as calm as possible.

The night came. Persephone Jackson let a small smirk gracing her face as she turned around in her laying position to face the door. She noted the fact that the guards were changing every two hours. Yes, she counted. It was thirty minutes left before it was time for the repositioning. The girl closed her eyes as she concentrated. Her powers came back to her a few hours after she was thrown into the cell and she was thankful that she was left alone. Blotches of blue and red suddenly burst, moving around the black background. As she laid on her back, there were more blotches of blue and red moving around the place.

Eight people upstairs, ten people below, and twelve people on the same level.

Two minutes before time. She laid sideways one more time, this time, focusing her power on the mist on the air and thrust it upon the metal lock. It froze. She then with her strength, she grabbed the frozen metal lock before pulling towards herself as hard as she could. Just like she expected, it burst. Biting down her smirk, she walked outside as it was time for the guards to move towards their new posts.

She did not just want to escape, though. For kidnapping, experimenting, and chaining her, the price was for the building to be destroyed and the people to be killed. None spared. It sounded mean and bad, but could you really blame her?

She huffed before concentrating on the blood and water around her surroundings. She grinned as she found her targets. She sent a wave of power to make a mild earthquake before sending a frozen ice arrows towards her targets, killing them all. She knew she could not use all her power if she wanted to escape from this hellhole. So, she patted them all and ended up collecting a bunch of guns and daggers.

For the last ten minutes, she just had finished massacred the guards and scientists upstairs. Right now, if anyone ever saw her, they would probably faint. Blood painted every inch of her bodies as a big grin painted permanently on her face. Swinging around daggers on her hand, she definitely looked like the girl version of Joker.

She walked downstairs, continuing on killing every single person she laid her eyes on. Except for one, the lady scientist whom she could care less whatever her name was. Her grinned grew as she maneuvered around her corner. The lady stiffened as the young girl let out a maniac chuckle.

"Hello, Ma'am." She greeted. Her eyes wide and scary. The lady gulped, obviously scared shitless. Who would not be scared?

"How – How did you come here?"

"Aw, did you just fucking stutter? How cute."

"P – Please don't kill me." The lady begged, on her knees. It was obviously amusing for Persephone Jackson. No one actually ever begged her so that she would not kill them. Usually, she would never even kill a mortal, let alone massacred the whole organization. But, it was their fault first, and Persephone was in a bad mood.

"Well, let me ask you a question." She smiled, showing her dimple. The lady widened her eyes, not believing the maniac in front of her. She was right. "Am I special, then?"

Before the lady could even stutter 'help', Persephone shot her right in between her eyes. The young girl let out a dark chuckle before skipping, finishing her massacre. As she stepped out from the rather humongous building, she let out a wave of power of earthquake, more powerful than the ones she let out. She watched as the building shook before rumbling and crashing down towards the ground, leaving no evidence nor any survivors behind.

Persephone Jackson, for the first time in her life, realized how amazing and exciting it felt to kill people. More so, the ones who begged her to let her live. The young girl now knew why villains were addicted to kill weak people.