15

Perci Jackson was laying on her head, reading, but she admitted that she had been reading the same page for the last hour. She could not focus. Not because the story itself was boring, no, but because a certain someone had been paying his rent diligently to occupy her mind. That certain someone, was currently lying beside her, asleep.

She glanced towards him and almost cooed out loud. His kissable lips were in pout as he let out soft hums every time he exhaled. Her mind wandered back to the time they had talked (seriously) for the first time after she had blurted her confession as she stared at the man sleeping peacefully beside her.

FLASHBACK

"Princess?" Loki came, walking inside her bedroom like he owned it, but his usual grin or smirk was gone. He looked so serious. Persephone, who was doodling mindlessly, jumped slightly because she did not expect him to just come without knocking. Loki let out a small smile then, before continued, "Um, can we talk?"

Perci could feel the color in her face paled.

"Uh, what about?" The last time she had talked to someone, who she thought was close and never left her, did not end well. She could feel herself shaking a bit. She was scared. Her heart had been healing itself the past seven months she had been in Asgard. She also did not have her moral supports as The Avenger left two months ago. Should she pretend that she was busy? But, before she could actually do anything, the chair beside her was pulled back.

"Princess, can you look at me?" His voice was so soft and smooth that she felt bad if she did not comply to his 'command', so she lifted her eyes. He gasped as he realized that she had tears on her eyes, trying so hard to keep it at bay. Not that she could stop it as her bad memories from the Camp until her last day on Earth kept on replaying on repeat. He lifted his hand to cup her face before brushing the single tear that slipped from her eyes, keeping his eye-contact. He wanted to just hug the goddess, but he could not. Not before they talked. "Princess, don't cry. I promise it's nothing bad."

Perci nodded before taking a deep breath, mentally scolding herself to act so weak in front of her crush. The worst thing that can happen is he rejecting me, not that I ever asked him out. Okay, Perce, you got this.She wiped her tears clean before looking back at him, "Okay."

"Um, I like you too, a lot more than I expected." He started as he bit his lip. Perci, obviously, did not expect this, gaped at him. Not the best reaction. Not that she cared. There was a bad feeling on the pit of her stomach. This 'talking', could end up her being rejected, or her being asked out. She, a pessimist and a gut feeling listener, chose the former. She, as honest as she could be, believed that she would be able to get over him quickly, because she never experienced romance ever once on her life- Her train of thought was cut off as she heard his voice, "And, just know that I'm always here, I'm not going anywhere."

Cue the waterworks.

Okay, maybe she should be an optimist after this.

"I know there are a lot of things you have been keeping from me, Thor, and even The Avengers. But know that if you ever wanted to talk, I'm always here."

She nodded, but she could not disregard the bad feeling on her stomach, and it had the audacity to grow. "Thank y-"

"Perce!" Someone, more likely Thor, knocked on her door before opening it with a little bit of force. He looked so frantic as he looked around before his eyes set on the two figures sitting on the chairs beside the bed looking very awkward. Was this the bad feeling trying to tell her? Something happened?

"What is it, Thor? Take a deep breath, calm down and talk to us slowly." Perci said. She bit her lips as he calmed himself down.

"Right, sorry. But, there is a war going on right now." As soon as Thor mentioned the word 'war', Perci stood up and bolted from the room.