17

Persephone Jackson had always known that the Fates hated her and loved to mess with her life. The old creepy women with even creepier voice had given her a power for a reason. The girl had thought about the possibility as to why the Fates did not just only helped her escape her execution, but even blessed her with God Hood. They were never kind, and every gift always came with a price, Perci knew that the hard way. Well, the goddess knew the reason now.

When I get my hands on them, they are dead.

One time, she had been practicing her magic with Loki as they joked around, and the moment she blinked, she was teleported to another war. Just great. She did not know what was happening and what type of war she was currently shoved in. She was tired with people just shoving her to wars and expected her to finish it all. She, being the mature person that she was, decided to not do anything and just being a spectator as she watched the demigods and monsters killed each other.

THROWBACK TO A FEW WEEKS BEFORE THE WAR HAPPENED; OLYMPUS

The usual calm and dignified palace had been filled with stressed yelling and scattered papers for a few weeks. Right now, there were fourteen figures lounging on their massive thrones looking so done with their lives. The Gods were all busy re-thinking their life decisions. Everyone was silent as they still could not want as well as did not want to acknowledge the dire situation. Heavy sighs could be heard every now and then.

"So, what should we do?" Apollo asked, breaking the silent. His voice deep and tired. To be blunt, he was pitiful. It was apparent for others that the sun god that had not been asleep for several days. If the disheveled hair and the growing beard were still not enough, the dark bags that never appeared on his handsome face were permanent. Silent. As he was about to ask the question once more, Artemis interrupted him.

"We need to find Persephone Jackson." She mentioned.

The Gods flinched.

The name Persephone Jackson had been banned after she was sentenced to death and fled with the help of the Fates. No one was allowed to utter the name. Not the campers, not the Gods. Not that they really cared, they hated her. They had forgotten about her and her heroic deeds. They had forgotten about the sacrifices the young girl had made to save their lives. Instead, they only remembered the false proof and now she was immediately the bad guy.

"Where could she be?" Ares asked. He was never cared about the young goddess. He always disliked her as she had managed to beat him in a battle and he was the God of War. But now, that the situation became dire, they needed her. The Gods knew that she was their only hope to win the war.

"DID YOU GUYS FORGET THE FACT THAT SHE WAS A TRAITOR?!" Athena shouted.

"Do you have any other ideas? Or, can your kids kill the bosses, then?" Artemis asked, her tone low and challenging. That shut her sister up. Artemis definitely could not forget the traitorous act the young goddess had performed, and she did not really like the troublemaker as well, but at least, she knew when not to be stubborn and not let her pride blocked her rationality.

Also, yes, the enemies had more than one boss. The Gods had been on edge ever since the rumors started to spread out. They were surprised the first time they had heard about the news. Kronos and Tartarus will rise together. In addition to that, the only one who could kill the both of them were Persephone Jackson, the one who had been driven away because of a mere video. The one who had almost been executed.

Suddenly, a knock was heard on the door. The Gods shared a questioning look before they quieted down as the door slowly opened. There he was, Chiron, the camp director came in looking all frantic and guilty. That surely caught the Gods attention. The usual calm, collected, and wise Chiron was showing that much emotion was very much a rare occurrence.